Monday, July 10, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Meso Cycle 2 Week 1

So, I feel super fat.  And according to the scale, I'm super fat.   

I'm trying not to get down and will instead focus on my eating and my workouts.

Monday: STS Back and Biceps + walk + YWA


As I prepped for today's workout, I noticed how different the layout of this STS workout was.  You do a higher number of reps and fewer exercises.  I liked it!  And the combination of back and biceps was different, too.  Talk about shocking the body.  I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and was proud of myself for getting over there.  It was so weird having to work one day before the holiday....  After the work day, I did this 15-minute yoga for posture.  It was nice and light.

Tuesday:  STS Legs + Cathe's Cardio Fusion + abs

So this month of STS workouts is all about trisets, apparently.  You do 10 reps of an exercise - three times.  For this leg workout, thankfully, you alternated three moves so your legs didn't burn out too quickly.  Mine were aching before the halfway point - especially my left thigh.  Ouch!  But I made it through - and it's a different kind of hurt than I had during the first month of STS.  I finished off the holiday morning with 35 minutes of Cardio Fusion - another workout with confusing step choreography.  And, at the end of the workout, abs (Cathe's) and a good, long stretch.

Wednesday: Cathe's HIIT 30/30 + Cross Train Xpress - All Step + YWA

My legs were aching so badly this morning - my first hamstring curl was a kind of exquisite torture.  Sigh.  But I got through this HIIT, despite feeling not at all up to the challenge.  Then, yet another confusing step routine.  I swear, these drive me crazy - and I'm an advanced at-home exerciser!  After work, I did this lovely, slow YWA - for a rainy day.  And then it rained.  Ha!  My legs and bum hurt so bad - all day long - that it was embarrassing, the sounds of agony that kept trying to escape my lips.

Thursday: Cathe's XTrain Hard Strikes + Cross Train Xpress - Kickboxing + weights


My legs were still aching this morning.  ACHING!  Sigh.  But I was looking forward to kickboxing and these two workouts were a lot of fun.  I liked that both were high impact - my heart rate got up and stayed up.  My legs cooperated - mostly - after the warm-up squats.  But they were still hurting - and I was hobbling around the office - at lunch, which meant I skipped two weight machines at the rec center.  I just couldn't do them, I was in so much pain.  So I walked two laps on the track and stretched - a lot.

Friday: Cathe's Yoga Relax

I really needed this relaxing morning.  Cathe's yoga is not my favorite yoga but it provided a good, slow stretch this morning, which was what my legs needed.  For the record, my legs are still hurting - but not quite as bad.  I can now sit down without (silently) crying out.  Yay.  I'm already dreading next week's STS Legs.

Saturday:  STS Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps + Cathe's Kick, Punch, and Crunch

This morning began with 35 minutes of cardio from Cathe's older kickboxing workout.  I've actually really enjoyed this workout as I've done different segments of it over the last month. It's a good cardio workout but with plenty of kickboxing.  After that, it was time for STS.  I had to save this one for the weekend because it runs 65 minutes.  Dang!  I felt my shoulders more after this STS than any other one.  You really push your muscles hard with the trisets. It was nice to stretch and relax afterward - along with some ab work to finish off.

Sunday:  Cathe's Crossfire + Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible Lower Level 2 + 160 lungs + YWA

I was dreading today.  Crossfire was an interesting workout.  I didn't do the weights, only the cardio.  And then I added on some of my own to get in 35 minutes.  Sometime, I need to do this workout in it's entirety.  I then did 160 walking lunges.  Fun.  Next up: Butt Bible.  So not looking forward to this and it was as painful as I remembered.  For the hip thrusts, I went up to 15 pounds for 2 out of the 3 sets.  Ouch!!!  After that torture session (30 minutes), I did some ab work and then a nice YWA.  Talk about tired.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1292
Tuesday - 1312
Wednesday - 1281
Thursday - 1364
Friday - BAD
Saturday - 1275
Sunday - bad

My weight is higher than ever.  Fun.  Great.  Shoot me now!

No comments: