Monday, July 17, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Mesocycle 2 Week 2

I'm feeling good about this week - now that my legs are almost back to normal after last week.  Ha!  Yes, it took that long (my STS Legs occurred on Tuesday of last week).

Monday: STS Back and Biceps + walk + YWA


Wow.  So all these trisets are super effective.  During the bicep portion, my arms were shaking.  Ouch!  I had to gradually decrease my weights because my biceps were objecting so vigorously.  But it was a great workout!  At lunch, I walked for 30 minutes and then did five minutes of stretching - since I had no active minutes in the morning, according to my FitBit.  My upper back and shoulders were achy at the end of the day so I did this YWA for some relief.  It felt really good!

Tuesday: STS Legs + YWA


After hurting all last week from STS Legs, I was a bit nervous about this week's session.  It sure wasn't easy and my heart rate was super elevated throughout the trisets.  But I got through it without my thighs objecting too much, which is an improvement from last week.  I'm trying to tell myself that I don't need cardio workouts 6 days a week so there was no lunchtime walk today.  After work, I did this lovely YWA and added in some extra hamstring stretches - because my hammies were the only parts of my legs complaining.

Wednesday:  Cathe's XTrain All Out Low Impact HIIT + YWA

Cardio today!  I was looking forward to this HIIT today and was happy with it - sometimes I don't know what to expect from Cathe.  This was low impact but I made some of it high impact....and my heart rate stayed up the entire time, even in the "low" segments.  So I got a good workout!  After work, I did this yoga for actors, which was all standing.  It was good to do some balancing poses, though they're not my favorite.

Thursday: Cathe's ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox + weights

This was a fun morning!  I really do enjoy kickboxing and Cathe's kickboxing always gets my heart rate up.  She mixes in plenty of cardio into Rock'm Sock'm so it was a really good cardio workout.  And fun!  I'll definitely have to do this one again!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  Ugh.  I hate them but at least I got it over with.  I did all the leg machines today - and they weren't too painful, thank goodness, despite my hamstrings still being a bit achy from Tuesday.

Friday: PeakFit Dynamic Flexibility


Ah, relaxing Fridays are my favorite!  I love Dynamic Flexibility so was happy when this popped up on my schedule for today.  Michelle makes me happy!  I was going to do some ab work afterward, but after having stomach issues last night, my core still felt raw and unhappy.  So no abs today.

Saturday:  STS Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps + Ripped with HIIT Low Impact HIIT One + abs


I started with cardio today - this low impact HIIT workout lasted 30 minutes.  It was really effective - my heart rate was sky high.  And mostly low impact - wow!  I like it!  After that, it was time for STS - and this one ran 65 minutes.  My arms were aching afterward - and they were a bit shaky.  Wow.  I then did 12 minutes of abs (Cathe's) and stretched.  Talk about an effective, exhausting morning.

Sunday: Cathe's Old School Cardio Plus Kickboxing + Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible Lower Level 3 + 180 lunges


Okay - another long workout day.  I started off with 45 minutes of Cathe's live Old School Cardio.  This one is a lot of fun - and non-stop.  I like mixing up HIIT and steady-state cardio because they are both so challenging.  After this, I did 180 walking lunges.  Ouch.  Then - Butt Bible.  Level 3 is definitely a challenge.  Just doing the step-ups onto a chair almost did me in (I had to use something shorter).  By the time the hip thrusts came in, I was in agony.  Ouch!

Calorie Counts:


I had four really good days this week.  But then Sunday was horrible.  Sigh.  

No comments: