Monday, July 3, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Meso Cycle 1 Recovery Week

Yay!  A recovery week!  These come after every mesocycle (of which there are three) in STS.  It's a nice break after four weeks of intense weight training.

And the best part - during a recovery week you can do no weightlifting.  None.  Awesome!  I need this week to reset and get re-motivated.

Monday: Dozois' Body Fit 360 + YWA


I rewarded myself with Body Fit 360 this morning after two days of grueling weight work.  But.  I always forget just how challenging this workout is.  Sure, it's done barefoot and uses no equipment, but you move in every single direction imaginable.  It really tests you.  I was sweating up a storm by the end of it - and I actually got to do ALL of it this morning.  Yay!  After work, this YWA was also challenging to the body but I loved it!

Tuesday: Cathe's Intensity


This week, I'm ready to get my cardio on - both high and low impact.  For the first time in quite a while, I was able to do all of this Intensity workout - the step, the bursts, the high HIIT, and the low HIIT.   And it's a lot of work!  Whew!  After all these years, I'm only just now getting some of the intricate step work.  Cathe sure doesn't make the choreography easy in these workouts.  But it's fun - mostly.

Wednesday: Tracey Mallett's Fuse Dance Cardio Lean + walk + YWA


I really need to write a review of this DVD...soon, I promise!  It was good to do something lower-impact this morning.  But that does not mean this workout was easy!  My legs were screaming within the first five minutes of having to hold a plie squat.  Ouch!  I only got through half of the floor work but it was tough, as well.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  And after work, a nice YWA - for the spine!

Thursday:  Cathe's Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing Live + walk


This morning, I was so excited to do some boxing!!  This was a really fun workout with some fun boxing combinations.  My heart rate got super high, though I kept this one mostly low impact.  Nice!  Now I'm curious to try the XTrain Hard Strikes DVD.  Cathe's boxing and kickboxing may be my favorite format of all of her workouts.  At lunch, I was tired but made myself go and walk.  And I'm glad that I did - as usual - because it's always nice to get out of the office for a bit! 

Friday: Dozois' Body Fit 360 Vol 3: Athletic Conditioning

Yay, Friday!  This was not my rest day, though - that will come tomorrow when we're out of town.  Today, I did most of the cardio from this Conditioning routine - dang!  It was harder than I remembered!   Then, I got in most of the stretch.  I skipped the abs and arms tracks.   It was really nice to stretch afterward.

Saturday: REST

Forced rest as we were out of town for the holiday.

Sunday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix + YWA

After eating way too much on Saturday and Sunday, I did this workout at 4pm and felt super fat and gross.  I truly hate myself these days.  I don't know what it is but none of my weight is coming off.  I haven't been eating great but I've had 5-day stretches of super healthy eating and working out....to no effect.  I'm about to have a breakdown because of it.  Anyway, this CIB made my feet hurt - so much more jumping than I've been doing lately and for a lot longer time.  The YWA was a nice way to cool down at the end of it all.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1409
Tuesday - 1300

Wednesday - 1220
Thursday - 1215
Friday - 1256
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - bad

No comments: