Monday, August 14, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Mesocycle 3 Week 1

The idea of doing four more weeks of STS is a bit daunting right now.  Maybe I'm just tired.  Or maybe I did too much cardio last week.  Either way, I'm not feeling it.  Butt off we go!

Monday: STS Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps + YWA

I like how the different upper body muscles get grouped together and then scrambled up for the next Mesocycle.  This workout definitely got all the muscle groups.  I had to skip a few sets to fit this workout into my daily routine.  If done in its entirety, it's 70 minutes long!  After work, I did a new YWA - for golfers!   At first, I laughed when I saw it posted but at the end of this day, it seemed like a good way to stretch the upper and lower body.  Very  nice!

Tuesday:  STS Plyo Legs + walk + YWA

Okay, so today kicked my bum.  In this final mesocycle, you have two options for legs - Plyo legs or Squat Rack Legs.  Since I don't have a squat rack or heavy weights, I'm doing Plyo Legs.  In this format, you alternate a cardio leg-intensive circuit with a weighted leg circuit.  Both keep your heart rate spiked and the sweat pouring.  Wow.  My legs were shaking!  At lunch, I walked - no power walking today - around the track at the rec center and did some sit-ups and planks.  Then, finally, a YWA to end the day, which was very nice on my tired, tired body.

Wednesday: Cathe's 4-Day Split Kickbox + ICE Cardio Blizzard Burn

A bit of a mix today...  I did the cardio from this 4-Day Split workout because I wanted some new kickboxing.  But in the middle of it, I did the 9-minute Blizzard Burn from this ICE workout.  That got my blood pumping and it didn't slow down during the Kickbox workout.  Dang!  Cathe doesn't give you time to think - you just keep jumping and punching!  I'll do the 4-Day Split series after STS so I wanted a bit of a preview today....

Thursday: Cathe's Afterburn + weights + YWA

Something different today - metabolic training!  I haven't done a cardio+weights workout in quite a while so today I decided to do one!  I'd heard a lot about Afterburn, a part of Cathe's Low Impact Series, and was curious to try it.  It's a good workout that alternates a weighted move and a cardio move.  I liked some of the other workouts in this series better but I'll give Afterburn a second try sometime.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center, though I almost talked myself out of it.  Sigh.  But it gave me a boost to see the weights I'm lifting!  After work, I did this YWA, though my back was mostly okay.

Friday: Cathe's Yoga Relax

Ah, my rest day!  This isn't my favorite yoga ever but I wanted super relaxed this morning and this fit the bill.  My legs were actually hurting from holding some of the positions Cathe led us through.  But it was good!

Saturday: Cathe's ICE Low Impact Sweat + STS Chest and Back + abs

I was a bit rushed this morning and a longer STS didn't help.  So, I only did 20 minutes of this ICE workout.  I recently learned that Cathe's ICE series is her intermediate series.  This wasn't the hardest workout but I got a good sweat going.  Then, it was time for STS - and this one was longer due to the amount of rest required between sets.  But it definitely seemed effective!  Dang!  After that - a bit over 60 minutes - I did about 7 minutes of abs (Cathe) and then stretched.  Whew!

Sunday: Cathe's Rockout Knockout + Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible Lower Level 1 + 200 lunges + abs + YWA

A well-rounded day, for sure!  I started with cardio - 40 minutes of Cathe's fun kickboxing.  This was a great video and I'll have to do it in its entirety sometime!  After that, 200 walking lunges kept my heart pounding.  And then, Butt Bible - level 1.  Yes, I ended with level 3 in the last Mesocycle but I wanted a shorter workout today so I did level 1 and added weights where Pauline used none.  I know I'll be feeling all those hip thrusts (holding 16 lbs) tomorrow!  Then, 8 minutes of abs (Cathe) followed by a stretch and this short YWA.  Fun!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - BAD
Tuesday - 1199
Wednesday - 1432
Thursday - 1253
Friday - bad
Saturday - 1439
Sunday - BAD

No comments: