Monday, August 28, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Mesocycle 3 Week 3

STS is definitely having an effect on my body.  I'm sore after every workout.  Thankfully, it's the nice kind of sore, where you know you've worked hard but aren't in actual pain.  

This week will be a bit different since I'll be on a short vacation at the end of the week.  That means I'll miss my weights at the rec center.  Overall, I think it may be for the best, to give my muscles a little break...

Monday: Cathe's MMA Kickbox + YWA

MMA Kickbox is an advanced kickboxing workout.  You definitely need to know your boxing terms before you begin this workout and even when you know them, this is still a complicated workout.  But that made it fun!  The combinations, while advanced, kept me on my toes early this morning.  The cardio drills weren't as crazy as some of Cathe's workouts but they kept my heart rate up.  A good workout, for sure!  I didn't have much time after work but I managed to get this short, but sweet YWA done.

Tuesday: STS Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps + walk

It was nice to not have to jump around this morning.  And I really enjoy most of these exercises - except the concentration curls and most of the tricep work.  Ugh.  I hate my triceps.  But, all in all, a good morning.  At lunch, I braved going out in the hot, hot sun to walk at the rec center.  The worst part is always coming back when I'm so hot from walking and it's 100 degrees out.  But I survived!

Wednesday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam + YWA

This morning, I woke up dragging - tired and devoid of energy.  I guess that's what made this workout so darn challenging. Or it was all the lunge jumps.  Either way, it was a struggle to get through and my heart was beating out of my chest.  At least it was a great workout - but it was not fun today.  Given how tired my body appears, I think I'll take the recovery week after STS (1.5 weeks away!) seriously.  My body  needs a break.  After work, this YWA was the perfect amount of work and relaxation.  A good way to end the day!

Thursday: Cathe's HIIT 40/20 + STS Chest and Back

I did Saturday's workout today since I'll be gone on Saturday.  And this one was intense!  This HIIT is no joke and the only redeeming thing about it is that Cathe gives you a full minute to recover every 5 minutes or so.  Thank goodness!  After that, it was time for weights - and a lot of them.  I must admit to getting a bit bored with some of these exercises now.  But there's only one more week left.  Wow.

Friday: YWA + walk

Since I was out of town today, my workout was a bit different.  I went on a 30-minute walk outside and got nice and sweaty (it was really humid due to a huge hurricane being only a hundred miles away).  Afterward, I meant to do Cathe's yoga but there was no internet in the bedroom where I can workout....  So, I did one of Adriene's Yoga Revolution practices, which I bought and downloaded.  This one was really good and it felt great to do some vinyasa flows....  I miss that in the short videos!

Saturday:  Dozois' On the Go Workouts, Vol. 1 

I just got this workout, the day before I left for my trip.  And I threw it in my suitcase, just in case.  Hallelujah!  Since I didn't have internet, I couldn't stream Cathe's Tabatacise.  I didn't cry too hard because I was not looking forward to that crazy intense video.  Instead, I did a nice warm-up on my own and then did both of the HIIT routines on Michelle's video.  Then, I did my own cardio for five more minutes to get in 30 minutes of cardio.  Next up, Michelle's ab track on this video - which was intense.  I got through the full ten minutes and then stretched.  It was a good, abbreviated, morning workout!

Sunday:  STS Plyo Legs + 240 lunges

Today, my workout was a bit short because of my travel-time coming home.  But I did STS Plyo Legs in its entirety....and upped my walking lunges by 20.  And....ouch!  None of this was easy today but the weights were especially difficult.  My heart rate was through the roof and the sweat was pouring off.  Whew!  After that, I did my sit-ups and stretched.  With the lunges, I had a total of 30 minutes of cardio for a full 60 minute workout.   

Calorie Counts:

None this week since I was out of town for part of the week.  I was good on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, though!

No comments: