Monday, August 21, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Mesocycle 3 Week 2

Only three more weeks of STS?!  Holy cow!

Monday: STS Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps + walk


I did this workout during a raging early morning storm, praying that the electricity wouldn't go out amidst tons of thunder and lightning.  And it didn't!  Yay!  I increased my weights a bit and felt a bit stronger in some areas - and weaker in the triceps at times.  Ugh!  At work, I walked at the rec center.  That was a nice break from the office!

Tuesday: STS Plyo Legs + YWA


Wow - these Plyo Legs workouts are intense (as you can see from the clip I found)!  I was happy to see some different moves in this week's workout but there was a lot of repetition.  Since I don't have a step, I know some of the cardio moves are not as effective for me, but I try to make them as intense as possible by squatting low etc.  As it was, I got a great workout.  At lunch, I walked for a bit outside, but it wasn't enough to be called a workout.  After work, I did this new YWA - which was nice for my sore, tired legs.

Wednesday: Cathe's Ripped with HIIT: Low Impact HIIT One + Afterburn + YWA


Low impact today - which means high intensity when it comes to these Cathe workouts.  Dang!  Ripped with HIIT is quickly becoming one of my favorite Low Impact options.  This is such a great workout.  After it's short 25 minutes were over, I tuned into some of the cardio portions of Afterburn - which are even more intense.  Dang!  Talk about a workout!  After a long work day, I did this YWA - a root practice so it had some balancing.  I rarely get to do tree pose so that was fun!

Thursday: Cathe's Warrior Kickboxing + weights

Yay, a new live kickboxing workout!  This workout was so much fun!  It had many good combinations, which I love.  In between the combinations, jacks and shuffles kept my heart pounding.  Cathe even threw in some blasts before heading to the heavy bag boxing.  I had a lot of fun with this one!  At lunch, weights at the rec center.  The students are back - moved in with no classes to attend, so they were all working out. I couldn't even get to two of the machines I needed but I made do.

Friday: Cathe's Stretch Max (bands) + Icy Core 1 + YWA

I wanted relaxing with a bit of work this morning so this was a good mix. I started with Cathe's Stretch Max, which is a 17-minute workout using a band.  It really stretched my legs well, which was super nice.  After that, some real work with Icy Core.  This workout was close to eleven minutes of core torture.  Ha!  I then tried to relax again with Yoga Chill - a short YWA that was a good end to the morning.

Saturday: Cathe's HIIT 30/30 + STS Chest and Back

Time to work this morning!  First up - HIIT.  This workout is non-stop - 30 seconds of work, 30 seconds of rest.  Some of the moves are brutal.  But I got through it - 25 minutes total.  Next up: STS.  I'm really liking these Chest and Back routines.  Lots of chest presses and rows, which I like.  And I'm always sore afterward - not painfully so, but I can feel it.  It's the good kind of ache!  I stretched for a bit afterward and did some sit-ups to round out my workout.

Sunday:  Cathe's Kick Max + 220 lunges + Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible Lower Level 2 + abs + YWA

So, a brutal day for my lower body.  I started off with Kick Max, which I was naively looking forward to because I love Cathe's kickboxing.  I made my own premix - warm-up, two of the combos, and the drills.  So....  The boxing combos were fun - advanced and different in a good way.  Then the drills - 10 of them with no rest, only jogging in between.  I thought I was going to die. After that 40 minutes, I did 220 walking lunges.  And then Butt Bible.  The only good thing about it is that I like level 2 the best because it's well rounded and not too long.  But it hurt so bad.  I did 7 minutes of Cathe's abs afterward and, finally, a 17-minute YWA to stretch and relax.  I needed that.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1290
Tuesday - 1314
Wednesday - 1394
Thursday - 1519
Friday - bad
Saturday - 1387
Sunday - BAD

No comments: