Monday, August 7, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Mesocycle 2 Recovery Week

....aka Cardio Week!

After last week's conference and overeating, I'm ready to get back to healthy eating.  While I didn't eat horribly while I was away, I ate a bit too much and it wasn't altogether healthy.  Thankfully, in a recovery week, you do no weights and focus on cardio instead.  Yay!

Monday: Peak Fit Pure Cardio + YWA


I wanted to mix up my cardio this morning - and have a break from Cathe's DVDs - so I chose this workout, from Michelle Dozois' Peak Fit System.  I love this cardio workout!  It's straight cardio and it was so nice to have a break from Cathe's endless drills (though I've learned to like those drills).  This cardio was a nice change.  After work, I did this short, but intense YWA, focusing on hips and core.  Lots of flow!

Tuesday:  Cathe's 2015 Road Trip Kickboxing Class + YWA


This was a good morning of kickboxing!  Cathe's kickboxing is deceptively intense with some circuits thrown in to keep you on your toes.  So, they're great workouts, this one especially.  The live workout room was filled to capacity, almost to the point of being distracting while watching on the computer.  After work, I did a short YWA - not as intense as yesterday's but still very nice.

Wednesday: Cathe's Quick Fix Cardio

So....  I knew this short workout would be intense but when Cathe's starts on snowboarders, before you even realize the warm-up is done, it's a bit traumatic.  And then you do four sets of snowboarders.  I was about to die.  And the circuit-based workout did not let up - until it ended after 33 minutes.  Whew!  I did my own cardio to get in a full, 45-minute, workout.  Cathe really knows how to work you hard.

Thursday: Ilyse Baker's Dancinerate: Burn with the Beat + YWA

Today was a light day, after a lot of intense cardio this week.  I did Ilyse's DVD, only for the second time.  It's not the easiest thing to master but it's fun.  So I just need to do it more often - and write a review.  It was nice to do something different this morning - I miss all the dance I did with FitnessGlo!  After work, I did this nice YWA, with just the right amount of flow and stretch.  A good way to end the day!

Friday: Dozois' BodyFit 360 Vol. 2: Dance Conditioning

My rest day!  I did most of this workout but had to skip a bit in the middle - the cardio and arm section.  It was a good workout, and a great way to spend a Friday morning.  Michelle's energy is so contagious; she makes me happy in the morning!  And I miss seeing her in the mornings!

Saturday: Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + YWA

I was looking forward to more Michelle today and this workout always makes me happy.  But it also makes you work - hard.  It's non-stop and it was a challenge to go for a full hour after my shorter Cathe workouts.  But I'm so glad I got through this tough workout!  After it ended, I did about 8 minutes of Cathe's abs and then stretched.  I finished off my morning with a 7-minute YWA to calm down and get ready for a nice Saturday.

Sunday:  Dozois' PeakFit Anytime Anywhere No Excuse Workout + BodyFit 360 Vol. 3: Athletic Conditioning

So for some insane reason, I decided to do Michelle's Anytime workout today.  I really don't know why: I hate this workout.  It always kicks my butt.  And despite all my Cathe workouts, it kicked my butt today.  Hard.  I really do think it's the up and down from the floor that gets me.  So many push-ups!  After that 35 minutes of pure torture, I managed 10 minutes of cardio from Athletic Conditioning - and then I was done.  So I did the whole 15 minute stretch to reward myself for getting through Anytime.  Ugh.

Calorie Counts:

I had about three good days (~1300 calories) this week and three that really were not that bad - around 1500-1600 calories.  But Sunday was bad.  And I'm still fat.

No comments: