Friday, September 1, 2017

The Scottish Prisoner

I recently finished an Outlander companion novel, The Scottish Prisoner.  This story takes place while Claire is back in modern times and Jamie is a pardoned prisoner after Culloden.  This is a very interesting time since Jamie has many relationships while Claire is gone.

This novel was enjoyable but it wasn't my favorite - mainly because this time in Jamie's life is mostly uninteresting to me.  

My Goodreads review as a bit short.  Ha!...

I very much enjoyed this addition to the Outlander timeline.  It filled an interesting gap in Jamie's story and shed new light on his relationship with his son and Lord John Grey.  It also made me want to know more about Grey's brother, Hal, and his wife.  They seem like a very interesting pair with colorful backgrounds.

No comments: