Monday, September 11, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Mesocycle 3 Recovery Week

Wow.  I'm all done with my first rotation of Cathe's STS!!!  I'll have a review of the series soon, but for now, I'm ready to enjoy a "light" week of workouts.  My body needs to recover. 

Monday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam + YWA

After all the over-eating on the weekend, I needed cardio today. And since I had a rest day on Saturday, I thought my body could handle it.  And it could!  I attacked this Cardio Slam for only the second time and did so much better than the first time!  Yes!  It's non-stop circuits - though not technically HIIT - and Cathe works you hard.  At the end, I did some of my own cardio to get in 50 full minutes.   I then did a wonderful YWA - for digestion!  I figured, after all that eating, that it couldn't hurt!  Ha!

Tuesday: Dozois' Body Fit 360 + walk + YWA


In the spirit of recovery, I did a lighter workout today - Michelle's Body Fit is so great.  But I even took it down a notch by not jumping and shortening the cardio to about 20 minutes.  I then did the full stretch and some of my own ab work.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and got surprisingly sweaty!  And then after work, I did this nice YWA - full of good stretches.  Today was apparently my stretching day!

Wednesday: Cathe's ICE To the Mat: Legs and Glutes + walk


I know it's a recovery week but...  I wanted some leg work.  And I was trying to lay off the heavy cardio a bit.  This workout is done entirely on the floor and uses a ball, a band, a loop, and a weight.  But the weight isn't used as a weight - it's a prop.  This was a painful workout.  Even though you're on the floor - you work your legs hard.  At lunch, I wanted to move so I walked at the rec again.  At least I got steps!

Thursday: Cathe's IMAX Live

Today, I wanted something different and not too crazy.  Like the DVD IMAXs, this one is mostly a step routine with blasts thrown in at regular intervals.  I'm not too keen on step aerobics, especially complicated routines, but I decided to give this one a try.  It was mostly alright, though a few of the step combos were just too convoluted for me and some of the people in the class (thank goodness I wasn't alone!).  But it was fun - and not too much for this early morning.

Friday: YWA + abs


I was so looking forward to yoga this morning!  This YWA for Valentine's Day was lovely!  It was the right amount of flow, relaxation, and stretch.  My body has felt very worn out this week so it was good to give it some love this morning.  After it finished, I had about 5 minutes left for ab work.  

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix + abs + Dozois' On the Go Workouts

Time for some serious cardio this morning.  I was looking forward to a CIB and this one is my favorite!  It was fun to have a break from Cathe's circuits but this workout wears you down because there are no breaks.  Whew!  After that, I did ten minutes of Cathe's abs.  My obliques were crying by the end.  And finally, a stretch, followed by Dozois' Flow and Release on her On the Go Workouts DVD.  Very nice!  It was a very productive morning!

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio Boxing Plus Plyo Legs + YWA

I was ready for something different today so I tuned into a Cathe Live workout - which are always fun.  This one, from 2016, was fun and had tons of cardio to keep your heart rate up amidst all the fun boxing combos.  In fact, there was a lot more jumping than I expected!  Once it ended, I added on some of my own cardio to get 50 minutes in.  Then, some sit-ups and a stretch.  And, finally, a flow-y YWA that really made me work.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1389
Tuesday - 1229
Wednesday - 1229
Thursday - 1425
Friday - 1361
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - not good

I weighed on Friday morning...  I didn't gain anything, despite all I ate over Labor Day weekend.  That's something!  

No comments: