Monday, September 4, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Mesocycle 3 Week 4

My last week of STS!  Oh, my.  

I'm sure I'll have plenty of reflections for you next week, when I'm officially done, but as of now, I'm in shock.  This summer - and this STS program - has flown by.  I started STS during the last week of May!  

Monday: STS Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps + walk + YWA


My last STS bi and tri workout - wow!  I wasn't feeling particularly strong this morning, which was annoying.  But I got through this workout and was glad to be done.  My muscles were hurting!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  I got my heart rate up a bit, which was nice.  After work, I did this nice YWA from Yoga Revolution.  It was a good amount of stretch, considering how sore I still was from Sunday's STS Legs.

Tuesday: STS Legs + YWA

Wow.  So, I just did last week's STS Legs on Sunday and now it was up again today.  Can you say, ow?!  I got through this workout, but barely.  It's tough!  And today, I was on my second day of sleep deprivation.  Oddly, the one dream I remember from last night was about Cathe.  Weird!!  After a long day, I did this YWA to open up my tight shoulders - it was very nice!

Wednesday:  Cathe's Ripped with HIIT: Low Impact HIIT Two + Ripped with HIIT: Plyo HIIT One + YWA


This was one sweaty morning!  Low Impact HIIT is only about 25 minutes long so I added on some of the Plyo HIIT to get in a full 40 minutes of cardio.  Whew!  I was sooooo sweaty and tired after all this!  Talk about a great workout!  I'll have to return to the Plyo HIIT to do it all at some point.  After work, I did this yoga for the psoas - which I've only done once before.  It was a really good stretch, holy cow!

Thursday:  Cathe's Kick Punch Cardio Live + YWA


I wanted something different today so I tuned into a live workout.  Fun!  This was a good kickboxing workout that didn't have too many drills.  Yay!  I'm a bit tired of drills.  Cathe does so many of them!  Instead, I kicked and punched my way to a great workout!  I love it when I enjoy my workout!  I meant to do weights at lunch but life happened.  Sigh.  At the end of the work-day, I did this short but intense YWA.  I love it but I sure get sweaty!

Friday:  Cathe's Birthday Bash Live + abs

Tomorrow will be my rest day - in honor of the first day of college football - so today meant cardio.  I love this workout, which includes kickboxing, HIIT circuits, and straight cardio.  I warmed up and then did the entirety of the straight cardio, since I did kickboxing yesterday.  I then finished off with some circuits and kickboxing.  For something different, I stopped five minutes early and did ab work.  Ouch!

Saturday: REST

Sunday:  STS Chest and Back + Cathe's HIIT Pyramid + 280 lunges + YWA

After having a full day of rest yesterday - and eating way too much - I was ready to work super hard today.  I started with Cathe's HIIT - which is extremely difficult.  It only lasts 25 minutes, but those minutes are not at all easy.  After that finished, I did my own cardio HIIT for an additional 15 minutes.  Then, 280 walking lunges.  Ouch!  That made for almost an hour of heart-pumping cardio.  It was then time for my last STS!  Wow!  After that, I stretched and did my sit-ups.  I then wanted to relax so I did this pre-run YWA, which was short and sweet.  

Calorie Counts:

I was mostly good this week, in preparation for a bad holiday weekend.  So, yay - and, oy.

No comments: