Monday, September 25, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 2

I think my thyroid is out of whack: I'm exhausted all the time.  The last three weeks or so have been torturous. When I switched meds, after about two months, my energy came back.  Now, two more months later, I'm back to feeling like I've been hit by a train.  Ugh.

This Gym Style rotation, which will last for the first four weeks of this 12-week cycle, is challenging.  Every workout leaves my muscles aching...  I guess that's a good thing but I could do with a little less pain.  Ha!

Monday: Cathe's Gym Style: Back, Shoulders, and Biceps + YWA


I was still aching today - so much so that sleep was difficult - from Saturday's Gym Style workout.  Oy.  But I tackled this workout early in the morning and made it through.  There was some pain, for sure, and I'm having to go down in my weights a bit, considering the number of reps, but at least I'm getting through these.  After work, I did a longer YWA - which was nice and flowy!

Tuesday: Cathe's Gym Style: Legs + walk


Wow, these Gym Style workouts are difficult.  The legs workout is no exception.  You start with weights and then move to the floor for band work.  But the band work is not something to look forward to - it is just as painful, if not more, than the standing work.  Ouch!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to loosen up my legs.  No yoga today as I got home late and felt icky.

Wednesday: Peak Fit Pure Cardio + YWA

Besides feeling like I have no energy and being head achy (for two days now), I woke up with a sore throat.  Oh, yay.  I forced my way through this workout, determined to burn calories after two days of weights.  I even skipped to the end of this workout to do the lunge jump circuits first.  Yay!  I made it through - in a sweaty mess. After work, I managed to fit in this short YWA, before having to do family stuff.

Thursday: Cathe's Total Body Cardio and Weights Live + walk 


Still not feeling well, but I made myself do this workout.  I was looking forward to something different!  When was the last time I did a metabolic cardio/weight workout?!  And this was so much harder than I'd hoped.  Ha!  The cardio was high impact and the weights seemed so much heavier than they actually were.  I made it through but had to lift lighter than usual.  At lunch, I managed a walk, needing to get away from the computer.  

Friday: Ellen Barrett's Grace and Gusto + Cathe's XTrain Abs One

It seems I have a full-blown cold.  Ugh!  I got up and debated doing yoga....but down dogging it with a head full of snot did not sound appealing.  So, I tuned into Barrett's fun and light workout instead.  Ellen is so nice to workout with and this DVD is perfect for a rest day!  After about 25 minutes of that, I did Cathe's 10-minute long ab workout.  Ouch!  Her ab workouts are never easy and this was no exception!

Saturday: Cathe's HIIT 30/30 + Gym Style: Chest and Triceps + YWA


Still under the weather.  I convinced myself I could get through this HIIT - and I did.  Thankfully, there are some intervals that don't kill you....because there is no break in this HIIT.  Whew!  I then did the cursed Chest and Triceps workout.....  This one left me hurting for days last week. Once again, I did all 72 push-ups....and my arms/chest was burned out then and there.  I got through the rest by decreasing my weights a bit.  After that 50 minute, I stretched, did my sit-ups, and then found this YWA......  It was perfect for today.  And then I was exhausted.

Sunday: Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn + 100 lunges + Barlates Thigh Workout + Cathe's XTrain Abs Two

Today, I thought I felt better so I went ahead with my regularly-scheduled workout.  First up: a tough CIB.  But I love this one - it was my first Peak 10 workout!  And it's a serious workout.  Then, I did 100 slow, double-pulsing walking lunges.  Ouch!  To finish off my legs, I did an 8-minutes Barlates thigh workout.  This was all standing and more than a little painful at times.  I finished off my morning with Cathe's abs.....and then a stretch.  Whew!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1282
Tuesday - 1282
Wednesday - 1433
Thursday - 1354
Friday - 1457
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - bad

On Sunday, I switched thyroid meds.  Hopefully, this will give me some much-needed energy!

No comments: