Friday, December 8, 2017

Annual Colorado Fun

Soon, we're off on our Colorado winter trip, for the third year in a row, to help a friend celebrate a birthday.  This year will be a bit different, though, because of snow....the lack of snow.  

This is what we saw last year....




This year, we'll have to drive into Rocky Mountain National Park - into the high elevations - to see some snow on the ground.  We won't see any fall from the sky.  

I'm trying to not get bummed by this and I'm mostly succeeding.  More than any other year, I just need a long weekend somewhere far away with liquor, cool temps, and a fireplace.  I'll get all three of those things!  And while I'm sitting in front of the fire, I can pretend that it's snowing out.  Uh-huh.

Look for a CO report late next week!

No comments: