Tuesday, December 26, 2017

December Workouts: Week 3

This week started off horribly.  I've been trying to fight off a head cold and just when I thought I had, I got an epic stomach bug on Sunday.   I was miserable.  

And defeated.  It's supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year and I've been sick since our return from Colorado.  This sucks!

Monday: sick

I don't think I got 3000 steps this day.  

Tuesday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Ramped Up Upper Body

I didn't know how I felt this morning so an upper body workout seemed to be the best of all evils.  This one was new-to-me and I enjoyed it!  I probably could have lifted heavier but I was just trying to make it through this in one piece.  And I did!  Thank goodness!  I'm really hoping I feel better tomorrow..........

Wednesday: Cathe's Rockout Knockout


This morning, I felt normal!  Yay!  And hungry for the first time since Sunday morning, which was great....and annoying.  Ha!  This kickboxing workout was good - though the amount of high impact really tested me after being sick.  It's been a while since I've done this workout and it was a lot of fun.  The combinations were challenging - which is always good in kickboxing!

Thursday:  Cathe's Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing Live + walk + YWA


More boxing today and this time, low impact.  Awesome!  I still felt good today but didn't want to overdo it.  My arms were a bit achy after being worked for two days before this workout but it was fun!  This was pure boxing, no kicking, but that was fine by me.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some ab work.  It felt so good to feel good!  I haven't been able to do yoga lately but I made a point of it today - with this gentle morning sequence.  It worked well after a long day of work!

Friday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Total Body Giant Sets 

I did't know what to expect from this strength workout.....but I really liked it!  Cathe doesn't disappoint and this workout was really, really good.  I think the reason I liked it was that there was little repetition, except with legs, which I don't mind.  You do a lot of leg work, which keeps the heart rate up and then do arms amidst it all.  I like that format!  I meant to do yoga after work but life interfered.  Ugh.

Saturday: Cathe's Solid Cardio Plus HIIT Live + abs + YWA

Christmas Eve Eve and I needed cardio!  This cardio workout is great - it's my third time doing it.  Cathe starts with steady cardio and then eases into HIIT.  It's good and challenging.  My legs were hurting from yesterday's workout so some of the moves were difficult to get through just because of that.  I added on 10 minutes to get 50 minutes of cardio.  Then, about 7 minutes of abs followed by a nice stretch.  I tuned into Adriene's Yoga Chill - short but sweet and calming after so much jumping.

Sunday: Cathe's RWH Plyo HIIT One

Christmas Eve - I was lucky to fit this workout in and I needed to, since I would miss the next two days of workouts.  This was my first time doing this Plyo HIIT and it was tough.  So many tuck jumps and burpees....dang!  I added one a bit from Plyo HIIT Two to get a full 30 minutes of cardio in....and Plyo HIIT Two seemed much easier.  I'll definitely have to go back to these sometime.  But for thirty minutes, it was a great workout.

Calorie Counts:

We'll just not talk about calories this week.  That being said, I didn't eat after noon on Sunday (last Sunday) or Monday due to my stomach bug.  


No comments: