Monday, December 11, 2017

December Workouts: Week 1

Now that I've finished up STS and Cathe's recommended 12-Week Post-STS Workout Rotation, it's time for a change.  And more new Cathe workouts!

I'm using this month to work hard during the holidays.  There will be breaks in the middle of all this - including a long weekend that means two days off this week and next....  But I need those breaks.  My body is tired!


Monday: Cathe's Birthday Blast Live + YWA

Yay, cardio!  I love this live workout because it has everything - kickboxing, circuits, and straight cardio.  So much fun!  But intense!  I really do enjoy cardio like this, though the circuits get a bit tiring.  Cathe loves circuits!  After work, I did this YWA - for zombies because I felt like one.  Ha!  Not really - but it's some fun yoga.

Tuesday: Cathe's XTrain 01: Chest, Back, and Shoulders + walk

I wasn't really looking forward to this workout because I still felt Sunday's workout in my upper body!  Oy.  But this was a good video - alternating each muscle group before moving on and starting over with a new move.  It really works every muscle group to the max in many different ways.   At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get some steps and feel active.  

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain 09: Tabatacise + YWA

I'm kind of on a XTrain journey this week so I decided to also do my cardio from this series.  Tabatacise is not easy but at least the tabata circuits are only 20 seconds long - with 10 seconds of rest in between.  The only hard part is that they never end and the "recovery" step cardio is just as intense, sometimes, as the tabata.  But, heck, it was a great workout this morning and really tested me.  After work, this yoga for the psoas really stretched me out.  Lovely!

Thursday: Cathe's XTrain 02: Bi's and Tri's + walk

More weights today!  Biceps and triceps are not my favorite things to work on....but I did this workout anyway.  It wasn't too bad.  It alternates between the two muscle groups and Cathe, as always, finds inventive ways to work every inch of every muscle.  For the user, that means, ouch!  At lunch, I walked outside to see a few flurries fall from the gray sky....but that was only for 20 minutes and not too strenuous.  Still - I was active!

Friday: Cathe's XTrain 05: Legs

This morning was rough: I was so tired.  But I got up and worked out, knowing a four-day break is on the horizon.  This leg workout wasn't the hardest leg workout but it sure fired up my lower body. I was really hurting at times!  Cathe knows how to make you hurt!  In a good way!  About half of this workout was standing and the rest was floor work - which was even more excruciating.  Oy.

Saturday: REST

Sunday: REST


Calorie Counts:

I was mostly good this week but my discipline is waning a bit in the midst of the holidays and a short vacation.  Saturday and Sunday - vacation - were awful for the diet.  And I don't care.  Ha!

No comments: