Monday, December 18, 2017

December Workouts: Week 2

This week started off in Colorado, for our annual trip to the snowy mountains.  This year, there was no snow in the city, but there was some in the higher elevations of the park.  Yay!

Monday: hike!

We had a good 2.2 mile hike today.  While it didn't get my heart rate super high, my Fitbit loved that I was active for 70 minutes.  


Tuesday: REST

Travel day....  Back to home it is.

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain 06: Cardio Leg Blast + walk

Back home and back to the workouts this morning!  This Leg Blast was awesome - it alternates strength and cardio moves.  Though intense, it was very fun and effective.  I used lighter weights because I forgot to bring down the heavier one, but my heart rate still stayed elevated for the weighted moves.  At lunch, I walked outside for a bit to get out of the office.  

Thursday: Cathe's Kick Punch Cardio + Dozois' On The Go Workouts: Core


This is my third time to do Kick Punch Cardio - I must really like it!  Kickboxing is so much fun and this workout contains some different combinations that really keep you interested.  And it keeps your heart pumping!  After work, I did this core workout - and Michelle tried to break me.  Dang!  My abs were not prepared for this workout!

Friday: Cathe's Muscle Max

Total body weights today with an older Cathe workout!  This was definitely an intense weight workout.  I tried to lift my heaviest and, as a result, my heart rate stayed elevated.  Some of the leg and bicep work was especially torturous.   Wow.  I wasn't able to finish it but I got a well-rounded workout.  Nothing at lunch today, as I was feeling under the weather.

Saturday: Cathe's Cardio Slam


This workout happened late in the day, due to having company.  That always makes it harder for me to get through a workout.  But I did it!  And this workout is no joke: it's non-stop.  And difficult!  Somehow, I got through all the cardio.  I then did the core work from Friday's Muscle Max - which was also no joke.  Dang!  Finally, after that, a stretch.

Sunday: Cathe's STS Total Body

Weights today!  This was my first time doing this workout - though I did the entirety of the STS program.  I liked this one, mainly because it was made up of tri-sets, which I always seem to enjoy.   This workout lasted about 55 minutes - and then I did the killer core work.  My abs were not happy!  Finally, I stretched and called it a day.

Calorie Counts:

Not good.


No comments: