Monday, February 5, 2018

Butt and Plateau Buster Months: Week 5

Four more weeks until the cruise! 

Regarding my goals last week...  I definitely ate more protein, thanks to the protein powder.  I was able to eat between 70 and 85 grams a day - much more than usual!  As to steps.... I still had one day too many without 10,000 steps.  The problem is doing weights on the weekend, when I just don't walk as much.  Sigh.

This week is going to be loooong because my rest day must be Sunday.  It'll also be sad - the end of YWA: True.  I've loved this series and will be sad to see it end.  But at least I have it downloaded!

Monday: Cathe's Jabs and Kicks + YWA


Kickboxing is my favorite Monday morning workout.  There's no dread factor and Cathe usually makes them so much fun.  This one was amazing.  Cathe went 30 minutes without regurgitating moves from her other kickboxing routines.  It was incredible and different!  And fun!  What a nice surprise!  After work, it was time for True, day 28.  Dang!  This one got me sweating a bit!  It was a nice, challenging surprise!

Tuesday: Cathe's STS Total Body (upper + core) + walk


So glad today was arms because I didn't sleep well.  But.  This workout is no joke.  It's trisets, which you repeat twice: 16 reps, then 12 reps.  If you lift heavy, 16 reps is difficult.  Going back and doing another 12 reps feels impossible.  I did the full upper body workout and then the core - 9 minutes of torture.  Ha!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  Due to my evening book group, I missed YWA.  So sad.  I did 27 consecutive days of yoga up until today.  

Wednesday: Cathe's For the Love of Cardio Live + YWA

Cardio today!  Thankfully I was a bit more rested today.  I'd forgotten it....but I love this workout!  Cathe gives you such a good mix of steady cardio and then cardio blasts - or HIIT.  It's a great workout.  It wore me out!  And just look at Cathe's legs - she so rarely wears shorts.  I want legs like that!  After work, finally, day 29 of YWA: True!  It was another good one!

Thursday: Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs + walk


I'm learning that I like Lean Legs much more than Great Glutes....probably because it's a bit easier.  Ha!  I did only the legs this morning and they were burning by the end of it!  Dang!  Finishing off with the barre was especially painful....er, effective.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some ab work along with some good leg stretches.  I had to postpone, again, the last day of YWA: True because of family stuff.

Friday: Cathe's Afterburn + YWA

I miss my Friday rest days.  But at least today was low impact!  Afterburn, however, is not easy.  It's low-impact but high intensity. The squats really got to me today; after yesterday's workout they were tired!  But this is a great workout and one I should keep in the rotation.  After work, I finally finished YWA: True!  Only two days late....  It was great, a culmination of the past 30 days.  

Saturday: Cathe's STS Plyo Legs + BBW

Cathe's rotation calls for one Plyo Legs workout and I was so happy to do it, after so many run-throughs with XTrain Cardio Leg Blast.  Different is always good!  This workout is no laughing matter, however.  My heart was pounding throughout.  I did my 300 walking lunges - barely.  They hurt!  After all that (almost 60 minutes of work), it was time for the Bonus Butt Workout.  All I can say is....ouch.  It was a relief to stretch, finally.  

Sunday: REST

I was out of town on Sunday, hence my rest day getting pushed to Sunday.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1167
Tuesday -1284
Wednesday - 1271
Thursday - 1188
Friday - 1187
Saturday - 1889
Sunday - BAD

Before my bad weekend, I weighed.  I'm now down an additional 3 pounds.....4 total since New Year's.  I can't tell you how ecstatic I am.  All I can think is the extra protein is actually working.  Earlier in the week, I was so depressed....this made my week...my month.  

No comments: