Monday, February 12, 2018

Butt and Plateau Buster Months: Week 6

After last week's weight loss (!), I'm super-duper motivated to keep up the good work.  I had a short bad spell last weekend, due to a family birthday and the Super Bowl, but I'm back on track this week!  

With only three more weeks until the cruise, I need to make steady progress!

Monday: Cathe's Rock'm Sock'm + Icy Core 1


This workout happened at the end of the day, since I didn't feel well in the morning.  And I'm glad I waited because I did 55 minutes of fun kickboxing!  This is such a good workout and, after it was done, I added on the Blizzard Blast to get those extra minutes.  It was difficult but fun!  When that finished, I did the full 11 minutes of Icy Core 1.  Whew!  Intermediate ab work is still super difficult!  My stretch was awesome after all this!

Tuesday: Cathe's Lower Body Blast + walk + YWA


Yet another new-to-me Cathe workout.  This one is tough!  Lower Body Blast is all strength, with a few cardio bursts interspersed throughout to give your legs a "break."  I was really feeling all the weighted work.  Dang!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then stretched really well, hoping my legs wouldn't be too sore.  My shoulders were sore from Monday's workout - really, really weird.  This YWA was perfect today - because it was rainy!

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain Low Impact HIIT + YWA

It had been a while since I'd done this HIIT....and it was a nice change.  Low impact is always appreciated and today it was perfect.  My heart rate stayed up, which always amazes me.  Moving fast - not jumping - is enough to burn major calories.  Awesome!  After work, this YWA from the Revolution series was just great.  

Thursday: YWA + abs

My new rest day may be Thursdays.  And after not sleeping last night, it was perfect for today.  This YWA wasn't my first choice but it was good in that it was easy.  I needed that - ha!  After it ended, I did about 10 minutes of Cathe's abs....never easy.  And my abs still hurt from Monday!

Friday: Cathe's Great Glutes + walk + YWA


These leg workouts come around so, so often!  Ha!  But that's the point, right?  This one is especially painful but I got through it.  Somehow.  I did the floor work instead of the optional standing chair work and it buuuurned.  Ouch!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then did some good leg stretches...since my legs were already hurting from the morning.  This YWA was good - and not easy!  

Saturday:  Cathe's XTrain Tabatacise + 300 lunges + legs

Serious cardio today.  Tabatacise is intense.  It's crazy!  It's Cathe's most difficult cardio workout, in my opinion.  And, to make it even more fun, I did my 300 lunges throughout, in 100 increments.  I was exhausted after this.  My legs hurt, because Cathe's cardio is so leg intense (jumping squats, lunges).  Instead of doing the BBW, I did floor work from both Lower Leg Blast and XTrain Legs.  So, 55 minutes of cardio and lunges, then 20 minutes of leg work.  And, finally, a well-deserved stretch.  I'll do the BBW on Monday- oy.

Sunday: Cathe's XTrain SuperCuts + arms + YWA

Metabolic conditioning today!  This is a great workout and is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  It's a great mix of weighted and non-weighted moves so your heart rate stays elevated - with no impact!   It's tough and never slows done but that's the point.  After it finished - about 40 minutes - I did 15 minutes of arm work.  Then, a stretch and a short YWA.  Whew!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1159
Tuesday - 1183
Wednesday - 1315
Thursday - 1248
Friday - 1353
Saturday - 1314
Sunday - 1357

When I weighed on Thursday, I was still down 4 pounds from my original weight.  That's great.  Not perfect, but great.  I just need to keep up the good work.  Two more weeks.  

No comments: