Thursday, February 1, 2018

Fingerless Gloves




After 6.5 years of marriage, I've finally knitted something for Mr. Higgins!  It was his Christmas present, though I was a bit late and finished them in January - Fingerless Gloves!  Mr. Higgins is always cold in the house so I wanted something that would keep him warm without hindering his mobility (for computer-ing and gaming).  These are perfect!

Pattern: Happily Ever After Mitts by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi - Calumet (purple/brown/grey)

Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
Made for: Mr. H
Time to completion: 3 weeks, though I started, frogged, and restarted several times in October and November


I made a few adjustments to the pattern....  For one thing, the arms are shorter than the pattern's 14 (!) or so inches.  I added on some stitches - total of 58 - since his hands are a bit wider.  And I also made the thumb hole a bit bigger (16 row).  The end edging is a bit wider so he could tell which end was the bottom or top more easily.  

About 6 years ago, Mr. H picked out this yarn for socks at one my favorite yarn stores of all time.  But he has his favorite super-warm socks that never seem to die and I know I couldn't compete with those.  So this was the perfect way to use the yarn he liked.  I'm so happy with these and the pattern was so easy....I'll have to make more!


No comments: