Monday, February 19, 2018

Butt and Plateau Buster Months: Week 7

Still buoyed from my four pound weight loss, I'm glad to finally see changes in my body, even if I'm a bit hungry.  Only two more weeks and I can eat!

....and hopefully lose weight afterward now that I've found the secret of protein.  Ha!

Monday: Cathe's XTrain Legs + BBW + walk + YWA

Another night of no sleep meant this workout was torturous.  And my legs were already hurting....  By the end of this workout, I was in serious pain.  The BBW did not help.  Then the floor work was excruciating.  Sigh.  But I think these leg workouts are paying off.  At lunch, I walked outside - very briskly - for 20 minutes.  I just couldn't get to the rec center.  After work, this YWA was not what I remembered and didn't really help my legs.  I think it made me more sore.  Ugh!

Tuesday: Cathe's MMA Boxing + YWA

I finally slept!  And it felt....wonderful!  So I was actually energized this morning for boxing!  This workout is fun but has some challenging cardio bits.  It definitely works the arms like crazy....and mine were surprisingly sore from Sunday.  WTH?!  But it felt lovely to move and feel good!  After work, I did this YWA because my hamstrings have been so tight and painful since yesterday's leg workout.  It really seemed to help!

Wednesday: Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body + walk

When I first did this arm workout, a few weeks ago, I was a bit traumatized at how soon my arms gave out.  So this time, I lowered my weights on a few exercises, just a bit, in order to be able to get through the entirety of the pyramid sets.  I was able, however, to increase my weight for a few exercises, which was nice!  But this workout is the real deal.  My arms were shaking for hours afterward.   At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get steps - and then I stretched.    

Thursday: YWA + walk

Rest days are the best days!  This yoga was really good - not too crazy but challenging enough for 5:30 am.  Adriene does a great job getting you to eagle pose - something I do very rarely.  At lunch, I walked, despite my rest day status.  I ate just a few too many treats for Valentine's Day yesterday (ugh!) so I felt the need to burn some calories, few though they may be.

Friday: Cathe's To the Max 

I can never seem to remember To the Max but then, after I start it, I realize how tough it's going to be.  You start out with a step routine and then move into tabatas....and then HIIT.  It's non-stop!  I didn't make it any further than this.  I did some more of my own cardio to fill my time and then to cool off.  Whew!  This one is intense!  There was supposed be a YWA today but work was really, really bad and I had no energy for anything afterward.

Saturday: Cathe's 4 Day Split - Kickbox + BBW + YWA


On the rotation for today was a workout from Cathe's 4 Day Split series, which I did for four weeks after STS last fall.  It contains kickboxing and weighted leg work.  The kickboxing is fun and high impact, which meant my heart rate was up there.  I then did my BBW for the week before the weighted leg work started.  And I didn't remember so many reps in these leg exercises!  Dang!  Squats, lunges, deadlifts, presses....many more with many reps!  After that I even did the core work that is on the video.  Ouch!  I then stretched and did a short YWA to finish off the morning.  Whew!

Sunday: Cathe's X10 + 300 lunges + Icy Core 2 

I can't say I look forward to X10 because it is so intense....but I like that it works me and my legs so hard.  Today I did these sections: low impact, cardio blast, and fat-burning.  Wow.  In between them, I did my 300 lunges.  My heart was pounding like nothing else!  X10 is insane.  But it was amazing, doing my last round of BBW and 300 lunges this weekend.  Yes!!!  Afterward, I did Icy Core 2, which lasted a little over 11 minutes.  And then I was finally able to stretch.  Ahh....

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1189
Tuesday - 1183
Wednesday - bad!
Thursday - 1141
Friday - 1413
Saturday - 1445
Sunday - 1334

I'm down 4.4 pounds.  And.....my pants fit!  All my pants that didn't fit before all this now fit!!  And I measured: my hips and thighs are now smaller than they were when I weighed 10 pounds less.  My arms are even skinnier!  I think this protein + weights thing is working!  Hallelujah!

Seriously, I'm happy.  If I can maintain this, I'm 100% ecstatic!  

No comments: