Monday, February 26, 2018

Butt and Plateau Buster Months: Week 8

My last week of workouts before our cruise!!

I'm ecstatic about my progress.  Who knew how much of a difference five pounds could make, especially while you're gaining muscle!?!  Amazing!

Pray I can keep eating healthy this week, since I'm so ready for vacation!

Monday: Cathe's Flex Train + walk + YWA

After a lot of cardio on Sunday, I was ready for something less...jumpy today.  Flex Train is a great metabolic workout.  Though my FitBit didn't agree, my heart felt like it was going to burst from my chest, it was pounding so hard.  Whew!  And I even had trouble lifting 8 pounds in these exercises since it's all about endurance.  That's one good workout!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then did some planks.  After work, this YWA was perfect because I really, really needed to stretch.

Tuesday: Cathe's Kick Max + YWA

Another night of very little sleep meant this workout was very, very difficult.  I like the combinations but the cardio blast is brutal when you're exhausted.  I made it through by modifying a few moves and by marching while in recovery mode instead of running or jacking.  It's truly awful sleeping this horribly.  Yucky weather kept me from going to the rec and meant a horrible drive home.  This short YWA was all I could manage.

Wednesday: Cathe's Butts and Guts + walk + YWA

I was so dreading this workout.  And it came after another night of bad sleep.  But I did it!  This is such a torturous weighted routine - I guess because of the reps.  You do everything two times through so even though you finish it once, you know it'll come again.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, getting out in the cold and wet to trek over there.  And after work, I did Adriene's newest practice, which was really good.

Thursday: Cathe's Intensity + YWA

With more sleep, I felt a bit more energized this morning.  Intensity isn't my favorite but it was one of my first Cathe workouts so at least I know it.  After all these years, it's still not the easiest workout but It's more enjoyable than some of hers.  After work, I did this YWA to stretch out my legs.  I really wish I could get more flexible - this aspect of my wellness has stagnated.  I'll keep working on it!

Friday: Cathe's Metabolic Mashup + RWH Abs 2

I didn't remember having done this workout before.  It was good - all compound weighted exercises to get that metabolic benefit.  It wasn't easy but I got through it, mainly with 8 pound weights.  My workouts after the cruise will be mostly metabolic so I'd better get used to this format!  After work, I got in a good ab workout with Cathe's Ripped with HIIT Abs 2.  Dang, this one is tough - but good!

Saturday: Cathe's RWH Lift It HIIT It Legs + arms + RWH Abs 1

My last workout before the cruise - and it's leg work, of course!  This is similar to XTrain Cardio Legs - you alternate a cardio move and a weighted move.  The difference is that with RWH, you lift heavier.  I did 17lb with a lot of the moves and that really spiked my heart rate.  It was a great workout.  After that, I did about 18 minutes of arms - because I hadn't focused on them too much this week.  And finally, the other RWH Abs workout.  This one was a tiny bit easier than the other one - but still challenging.  And finally, I stretched.

Sunday: VACATION!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1194
Tuesday - 1193
Wednesday - 1200
Thursday - 1410
Friday - bad
Saturday - 1266

I didn't lose any additional weight but I'm fine with that.  Wearing my pants this week - that have sat, unused for moths - was wonderful.  

No comments: