Thursday, November 30, 2017

Cathe Friedrich: Flex Train (Review)

I'm loving my subscription to Cathe's workouts, all of which are available to stream online.  One workout that I'm really liking is her Flex Train DVD.


Flex Train is a total body strength program.  It hits every part of your body and it's non-stop, meaning your heart rate will increase.  Cathe also includes a lot of compound exercises that work your legs and arms; these always get the blood pounding. I didn't know if I would enjoy this workout but I did!  And I was a bit sore the next day, which I like!

After a 7 minute warm-up, you're into weights.  First up, legs and shoulders: overhead presses, curtsy lunges with presses, lateral raises, front raises, and rear delt flies.  Then, back work - rows and band work.  Chest and legs follows that: burpees, push-ups, and lunges, oh, my!  Next is torturous triceps: tricep presses, kickbacks while in plank, dips, and push-ups.  Ouch!  Then, more legs: sumo squats and band work.  

To finish off the workout, Cathe hits your core hard.  Ankle grabbers!  Full sit-ups with a one-arm presses followed by crunches, reverse crunches, and butterfly sit-ups. OUCH!  


In it's entirety, this workouts is 57 minutes long.  It goes by pretty fast because Cathe doesn't give you much time to think and dread the next move.  Equipment needed includes weights, a band, sliding discs, and a loop/firewalker band.

Bottom Line:
This is a great, fast-paced strength workout.

No comments: