Monday, November 27, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 11

Wow!  Only two more weeks of this 12-week post-STS workout series - as prescribed by Cathe.

The last two weeks call for Cathe's Shock Cardio Series.  I've done most of these workouts before but it'll be good to revisit them!  I'm going to have to add a lot of weights since this series has none.  But it'll be fun!  My cardio needs to get ramped up and this will definitely accomplish that!

Monday: Cathe's Love Those Legs Live + walk + YWA


I'm getting my weights done at the beginning of the week so I can do cardio on my heavy-eating days.  Hello, Thanksgiving!  This was a really good leg workout that left me breathless and shaky.  Dang!  A lot of these lower body live workouts are similar.  This one had a few cardio bursts, which I kept low-impact.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and after work, I revisited this YWA.  Very nice!  And a super productive day!

Tuesday: Cathe's Upper Body Bootcamp Live + walk

This is the first upper body live workout I've done, I think.  And dang, it's intense!  Cathe works every muscle in your arms and she even puts some ab exercises in there for some variation.  Too bad my heart rate doesn't get as high as with lower body work.  At lunch, I walked outside because the weather was just so nice.  No yoga today - and there may not be much more this week due to the holiday prep and family time.

Wednesday: Cathe's MMA Kickbox

Time for something different this morning....  MMA Kickbox is in Cathe's Shock Cardio Series, which makes me happy.  I love kickboxing!  And it was a great workout to do today, when I wasn't exactly jumping out of bed, all refreshed and happy.  This workout got me going and gave me a great workout.  No other workouts today but that's fine!

Thursday: Cathe's HIIT 30/30 + LIS Cardio Supersets


Yes, I worked out on Thanksgiving!  I did this early in the morning, before family arrived.  The HIIT workout lasted for 25 minutes - whew!  I then tuned into Cardio Supersets, from Cathe's Low Impact Series.  I had forgotten some of this LIS workout so it was good to do.  I think it's my least favorite of the LIS series, but it's still good.  That lasted for 20 minutes and then I stretched.

Friday: REST

Saturday: Cathe's Circuit Blast + ICE Blizzard Blast + Icy Core 1

Yay, a new workout today!  Circuit Blast is from the Shock Cardio Series.  It's a unique workout - mostly cardio and some metabolic (with weights) but some of the weighted work seems to be pure strength.  Either way, my heart rate stayed up and I like that!  After that 40 minutes, I tuned into the ICE Blizzard Blast from Rock'm Sock'm to get some more cardio - 15 minutes more, to be exact.  It was then time for abs - 11 minutes of Icy Core.  Wow.  I then stretched and called it a day.

Sunday: Cathe's Flex Train

Another new workout for me!  Yay!  This was pure strength with tons of compound exercises to keep the heart rate up.  Cathe uses lighter weights because there are tons of reps....  I used a bit heavier weights at times but couldn't keep pace with Cathe for long before my  muscles burned out.  Dang!  This was a great workout with great music.  I'll have to do it again!  I added on some butt work for 55 minutes of work.  Then, a nice stretch after Cathe's crazy ab work on this video.  

Calorie Counts: 

It was a holiday week.  Enough said.


No comments: