Monday, November 6, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 8

I'm back from a short vacation and actually feel rested and slightly refreshed - mainly from not working out for 4 days!  Ha!  But I got lots of sleep and that does wonders for the body!

Now it's time to get my diet back on track along with my workouts.  


Monday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Low Impact Step + YWA

I didn't feel like I'd been hit by a train today - amazing!  And so it felt good to get out of bed and work out.  This step is still not my favorite but it was a bit easier today.  And the weights - I was able to lift more than last week.  Yay!  That's always good!  After work, I did this YWA, though I don't have scoliosis.  Andriene's videos are good, no matter what condition you do or do not have.

Tuesday: Cathe's Totally Toned Legs Live + walk + YWA

Something different this morning - a new leg workout!  I'm going to try to work my legs twice a week from now on and this workout really worked them well!  Ouch!  My heart rate skyrocketed at the end of the warm-up and stayed up throughout this workout.  Awesome!  At lunch, I needed to get out so I walked outside under nicely grey skies.  It felt and looked like fall!  Finally!  After work, I did this appropriately themed "Yoga for Zombies."  It was a surprisingly good practice for opening up. 

Wednesday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Higher Intensity Step


This morning, it was time for step and chest/back work.  Some of this step work is still too annoyingly complicated - and I can keep up with any dance class.  Sigh.  I got through it with some interesting modifications - but I kept the intensity high.  At lunch, I walked for a bit outside, but nothing strenuous.  Once home, I was too tired to do even a short YWA.  Oy, what a week.

Thursday: Cathe's Hardcore Series: Kick Max + YWA

Cardio time!  I rearranged this video in Cathe's Workout Blender so that I did the blast segment first.  Okaaayyy...  So I always forget how difficult those blasts are.  Wow.  I got through it, barely, and was very happy to do the kickboxing segments afterward.  What a relief!  Ha!  This reminds me of my worry for these four weeks of the 4 day Split Series - am I getting enough straight cardio?  I sure hope so because I'm too tired to do anymore, especially this week!  After a long day, this was a very nice YWA.

Friday: Cathe's Yoga Max

I was willing to give Cathe's yoga another chance.....  And I think I disliked it more than the first time.  There is no flow to these workouts.  Cathe goes to the floor a lot but she's doesn't complete a full sequence.  It's just weird.  Also, the amount of time that she holds poses is just annoying.  I don't think I'll return to this workout.

Saturday:  Cathe's 4 Day Split: Kickbox + ICE Low Impact Sweat - Blizzard Blast

Time to work today!  I did all the cardio on this 4 Day Split workout and even added on the Blizzard Blast from ICE....  For a total of 40 minutes of cardio.  Whew.  It was then time for the weights in this 4 Day Split workout - legs.  This was a good leg workout, though not the toughest from Cathe.  I then added on some weights I missed from Monday - along with Monday's abs.  That meant almost 1.5 hours of work and over 600 calories burned.  What a morning!

Sunday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Boot Camp

I had no idea what to expect from this workout as I couldn't get to this one last week.  The cardio was tough!   Definitely a lot like HIIT and with some very challenging moves.  That lasted for 35 minutes.  Then, weights - biceps and triceps.  Ouch!  I got it done and then did the abs from Tuesday's DVD....  So, about 1.25 hours of work. 

Calorie Counts: 

I was good Monday through Thursday - really good, in fact.  But Friday through Sunday was bad.  Ugh.

No comments: