Friday, November 17, 2017

Quick Health Update

It occurs to me that there hasn't been a thyroid update in a while.  So, here it goes....

I go back to my endocrinologist in early December and I've requested extra lab work to see if I have any imbalances.  My weight is holding steady at 15 pounds over my pre-thyroid-problem weight.  This, to me, is completely unacceptable.  And, before you ask, my measurements are up, as well.  I'd be fine if I weighed more and my measurements went down.  That would mean pure muscle gain!  But, no.  Some of my clothes no longer fit and this is distressing.

For months, I've kept quiet about my frustrations, mainly because I was driving Mr. Higgins crazy.  But I'm getting desperate, especially with the holidays coming up.  


I've told myself that I don't need to do cardio every day and I have cut back.  But I really wish I could find a nutritionist who could help me see how many calories I should eat and what should make up those calories.  I'm not dumb - I've done my own research online but it's very difficult to find answers to these thyroid issues.  

So, in general, I'm frustrated.  I just want all my clothes to fit and then I'd be happy.  Is that so much to ask, you stupid, deflated thyroid?!

No comments: