Monday, November 13, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 9

Wow, so I'm already halfway through this four week rotation of the 4 Day Split series.  I like it  but I wish there weren't two step workouts.  I'm just not that fond of step.

There's hope for a healthier weekend ahead so maybe I can lose a bit of weight....  But I'm not holding my breath.  Ha!

Monday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Low Intensity Step + walk + YWA

This is a good workout for Monday mornings.  The low impact step eases you into the morning without much trauma.  Ha!  This step isn't too bad but I still can't get a few of the combinations and this was my third go-around.  Oh, well.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, working up a sweat, and then did some ab work.  This YWA was good at the end of the day.  It works your shoulders well and mine were hurting from the morning round of weights.  

Tuesday: Cathe's Hooked on Legs Live + YWA


Because of an upset stomach, this workout happened at the end of the day.  And what a great leg workout!  My legs were already sore from Saturday's 4 Day Split so it was a bit painful today.  But I loved it!   There were a few moves I really struggled to get through and had to modify in the end.  Ouch!  After that, I did this short YWA to relax and stretch.  And not too soon after that, my legs and bum started aching all over again.  Ha!

Wednesday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Higher Intensity Step


Ah, step.  This one may be a bit less complicated than the Low Intensity...maybe.  I had fun with it this morning, though, as I tried to not make my legs scream too much.  The weights were good - though I do get tired of chest presses and flies.  I was so tired today....nothing else got done in the way of fitness.  Sigh.

Thursday: Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio + walk


So this is where Cathe gets her "old school" cardio from!  This workout is definitely dated but the moves are not.....  Because Cathe still uses this cardio all the time!  Ha!  The non-stop cardio was definitely tough but in a good way.  Whew!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and was proud of myself for getting there.  I was really tired today, again!  And then there was an accident on the way home, delaying me for quite a while - so, no yoga.

Friday: YWA

I needed super light this morning and this Gratitude Practice fit the bill.  Since I couldn't do yoga last night, it was so nice to begin the day with it.  Adriene was super calm, making this a great way to ease into a Friday.

Saturday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Kickbox + ICE Low Impact Sweat - Blizzard Blast

Kickboxing day!  I liked knowing what I was getting into this morning as this was my third go-around with this workout.  The kickboxing was fun and, with the Blizzard Blast added on, meant that my heart rate stayed up for 40 minutes.  Then, weights.  This leg workout is tough but not the toughest.  I made up some of the weights from Monday and then did 10 minutes of abs....  After a nice stretch, I ended up with an hour and 25 minutes of work!

Sunday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Boot Camp

I can't say I was looking forward to this workout but I wasn't dreading it, at least.  It's not the toughest but I like it.  Still, I'm a little tired of all the 4 Day Split workouts now, after doing them for three weeks.  Oh, well: change is on the horizon!  The weights for this workout - biceps and triceps are definitely difficult and I've tried to keep increasing the weights....  I added on some chest work from Tuesday's workout that I missed along with the abs.  Then, a nice stretch.  So, an hour and 15 minutes of work!

Calorie Counts:

Again, I was really good this week - Monday through Friday.  Saturday was bad but not overboard bad.  Sunday wasn't altogether bad....  Sigh.  


No comments: