Thursday, November 23, 2017

Pecan Pie Bars

First off, Happy Thanksgiving!

I've tried a new recipe this year that I thought I'd share with you.....


Mr. Higgins loves pecan pie.  I've never enjoyed it and it's never been a tradition in my family.  This year, for some odd reason, I decided to try to make something comparable for him - Pecan Pie Bars.

While searching for recipes, I didn't find one that I loved so I combined two.  I used the crust from this recipe and the filling from this one.  I made no substitutions, though it was very hard to use corn syrup - let one buy the cursed stuff.  For the pan, I lined a 9 x 13 metal baking dish with foil and sprayed the foil with a bit of non-stick spray.  I like this method for bars - it makes them so much easier to cut. 

These turned out great.  Once cooled, I cut them into bite-sized pieces, since they're so rich, and Mr. Higgins gobbled them up.  I liked them too, despite not ever being a pecan pie fan.  I will say that they were so much better after they'd had adequate time in the refrigerator to get completely chilled.

So, this is a keeper and a recipe I will doubtlessly be asked to make again - and again.

No comments: