Monday, November 20, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 10

Time is flying by and this is week 4 - and the last week - of my 4 Day Split grouping!  I've enjoyed it but I'm ready to move on.

This should be a fairly healthy week of eating, which is much needed.  Every little bit helps before the holiday season!

Monday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Lower Intensity Step + walk + YWA


I've almost begun to like this step workout....but there are still some combinations that I just can't get my feet to do.  Sigh.  The weights are a challenge - shoulder presses have never been easy for me and this workout makes you do a lot of them!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  It's always nice to get away from the computer and today, especially, since I had a bad headache.  Even with the headache, I managed a nice YWA.  Such a productive day!

Tuesday: Cathe's Trisets Legs Live + walk + YWA

For legs, I decided to do something different today.  Trisets!  And boy, could I tell a difference!  My legs were shaking at the end of this workout!  I could barely make it through the third sets of exercises!  Ouch!  Cathe sure knows how to work you!  At lunch, I walked again at the rec center, knowing the week is going to get busier and busier.  Best to get it done while I can!  This yoga was really nice - calm and soothing after a long, hard day.

Wednesday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Higher Intensity Step + XTrain Cardio Legs + YWA

So, I just couldn't do this workout again.  It just wasn't doing it for me.  So, I did the warm-up and then switched to the cardio blasts in this XTrain workout.  (Cathe's Workout Blender makes this super easy to do.)   They were super effective and challenged me much more than the step. I then switched back to the 4 Day Split for weights - back and chest.  I upped my weights and got a really good workout.  After work, I did this shorter YWA - to stretch a bit and decompress.

Thursday: Cathe's X10

Okay, so I really need to NOT do the hardest workout of the workweek on Thursday.  I'm just too tired by Thursday morning!  I somehow got through this workout but I don't know how.  I did the warm up, cardio blast, hi/lo, and low-impact.  The cardio blast was a challenge, for sure.  My heart rate stayed in my training zone for the entirety of this workout.  Whew!  But, really, maybe I'll switch these cardio workouts to Tuesday.   

Friday: Barrett's Crunch Super Slim Down: Pilates Yoga Blend

Because of a crazy work day ahead, I had to cut my morning workout short.  I got 25 minutes of this workout done, which was good to get my going.  Ellen Barrett is so nice to work out with!

Saturday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Kickbox + ICE Low Impact Sweat - Blizzard Blast

I was looking forward to kickboxing today!  This workout is fun but demanding.   I worked up quite a sweat....and then it was time for blasts with the ICE bonus.  Wow.  My heart rate really ratcheted up, though this isn't a crazy intense HIIT workout or anything.  After that, I did the leg weights and finished up Monday's shoulder work.  And, then, finally, abs.  I was so tired after all that.  I stretched and was done.

Sunday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Boot Camp

This boot camp workout isn't my favorite but it's got a lot of variety, which I like. Cathe's workouts sometimes lack variety but this early one has it!  I added on an additional 5 minutes of cardio.  Then, weights - biceps and triceps with this workout, and I finished Wednesday's chest and back work.  Then, ten minutes of abs.  I felt rushed but still managed to stretch.  

Calorie Counts:

I did really well Monday through Wednesday.  Thursday was a bit abnormal and Friday was very abnormal.  The weekend wasn't horrible but it wasn't great.  Oy.

No comments: