Monday, January 29, 2018

Butt and Plateau Buster Months: Week 4

Oh my!  Only five weeks until the cruise!  Eek!

Mini goal for the week: more steps!  Somehow, I had four days (!) under 10,000 steps last week!  I usually only have one - my rest day.  This week has to be better!  At least it's warmer; that'll help get me outside at work.

Second mini goal for the week: more protein!  Mid-week I'll start a protein powder because I just can't get up to Cathe's recommended 100g of protein a day to save my life.  

Monday: Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body + walk + YWA

Wow.  So, this workout comes from Cathe's old Intensity Series.  And it kicked my butt - er, arms.  The theme is high reps - you start light, go heavier, and then come back down to lighter....like a pyramid.  But this burns your muscles out quickly.  I struggled at the end of each pyramid....and I only got through 45 minutes of the workout!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  Yay, steps!  After a very long day, this YWA: True practice was just so, so lovely.  Adriene has outdone herself with this series.  

Tuesday:  Cathe's Jabs and Abs + YWA


I love kickboxing days!  This was a fairly new live workout and I really enjoyed it!  I'm amazed when my heart rate can stay up with punches alone.  Wow!  Cathe really did a good job with this workout.  My 40 minutes ran up before the abs (and then I had to stretch) but maybe I can go back and do that portion this weekend.  After work, YWA!  It was a good one today - again!

Wednesday: Cathe's Butts and Gutts + walk + YWA

Another new Cathe workout for me!  I only got through the "butt" portion of Butts and Gutts but that was my intent.  And boy, it was a painful 40 minutes!  I sure hope it was effective - all those squats and lunges have to do something!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then stretched.  After work, I did a YWA: True.....  These will be out of order for the next few days due to time constraints.  This one was short, which was what I needed!

Thursday: YWA + abs

My rest day!  And I needed it - my body was tired! This was a great YWA to do today (out of order still).  It got my juices flowing at this early hour and stretched me out a bit.  I did some additional stretching afterward and added in some ab work to finish off my morning.  Nice!

Friday: Cathe's Ripped with HIIT: Low Impact HIIT One + Two + YWA


Cardio....and I wasn't dreading it this morning!  I actually really like these two HIIT workouts.  They're both about 25 minutes so I did all of One and most of Two to fill up my 40 minutes of time.  It gave me a great workout.  Interestingly, my heart rate was higher in the second one - that uses a weight for most of the moves.  After work, I backtracked in YWA: True.  My balance was amazingly good this day - wonders never cease.

Saturday: Cathe's XTrain 06: Cardio Leg Blast + BBW + YWA

I love the concept of this workout.  Cardio, strength, cardio, strength.  It's a great metabolic workout.  And this one worked me hard today - but it felt great.  The next four weeks will roughly follow this rotation with the Bonus Butt Workout (BBW).  Because I'll miss the last weekend of the month, I had to do a BBW early - this weekend.  You'll also notice that Cathe's suggests 300 walking lunges.  I did those today, interspersed throughout my workout.  Then, I did the BBW after it all.  And, man, I could barely move afterward.  YWA was awesome today because it stretched the legs really well.  It felt great!

Sunday: Cathe's Flex Train + abs + YWA

Amazingly, I could walk today!  Yay!  This Flex Train was a welcome change after yesterday.   But dang, it really worked my arms!  And all the leg work was.....excruciating.  It lasted for 55 minutes and I did the abs....which I think I also did last week somehow.  They're tough.  Finally, I stretched and tuned into today's YWA: True.  It was very flow-y but also gave me a good leg stretch.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1183
Tuesday - 1239
Wednesday - 1200
Thursday - 1160
Friday - 1344
Saturday - 1383
Sunday - 1266

More calories this week...but I'm hoping they were good, lean muscle building calories!  I didn't weigh because I just couldn't face the scale this week.  Sigh.  A few of my pants/skirts were a bit looser so that gives me hope.


No comments: