Monday, January 8, 2018

Butt and Plateau Buster Months: Week 1

Yay!  Happy 2018!  

Though I'm sad to see the holidays go, I'm happy to be able to get back on track with my diet.  I need to eat healthy and try to get my weight down.  Once it's down, my endocrinologist thinks it will stay down, now that my thyroid levels are good.  I hope she's right.

The trick, however, will be losing the weight.  I found two rotations from Cathe that I'm going to do in the next two months before our cruise.  The first four weeks focuses on busting through plateaus. The second month will be her Rock Bottoms rotation.  It sounds so painful!  But I'm anxious to get started...


Also on the docket for January is Yoga with Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Challenge, TRUE.  I'm so excited for this!  I need to get more strict about my yoga and this will do it!!!  

Monday: New Year's Day - REST

Even Adriene gives you the day to contemplate the month and year ahead....

Tuesday: Cathe's Old School Cardio Plus Kickboxing + YWA


This was my third time doing Old School Cardio and it's so much fun!  Cathe gets you going and it's non-stop cardio.  Fun!  I really needed cardio this morning and as I was jumping, I couldn't help but notice my stomach pouch had it's own rhythm.  UGH!  I must get this gut thing gone, stat!  After work, I started YWA's TRUE.  Yay!  The first day's practice was nice and slow but surprisingly tough.  That's why I love Adriene's yoga!

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain 02: Bi's and Tri's + walk + YWA

Weights today!  Cathe sure knows how to work your biceps and triceps from every angle!  My arms were getting really shaky near the end, especially with the tricep work.  Ouch!  At lunch, I braved the cold weather to go to the rec and walk - where, inside, it was annoyingly warm.  I did some planks and crunches and stretched really well.  And after work, it was time for TRUE, day two, with YWA.  This was a really good practice - mindful and powerful....and still a bit painful.

Thursday: Cathe's Rockout Knockout +  walk + YWA

Kickboxing today and I love kickboxing!  This workout seemed so familiar...and then I realized that I did it two weeks ago.  Ha!  It's fun and effective - my heart rate stayed up the entire time.  Whew!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, which was still overheated, despite the above-freezing temps outside.  Ugh.  I did some sit-ups and leg raises to finish off.  Then, after work, YWA - TRUE Day 3!  It was lovely!

Friday: Cathe's Crossfire + YWA

After an absolutely horrible night of restlessness, I readily admit that I did not give this workout my all.  I couldn't; I was exhausted.  Sleep has been very elusive this week.  I gave 75% for this workout and still kept my heart rate up.  It's not my favorite workout so I was happy to see it come to an end.  Oy.  Oh and my arms - especially my triceps - are still aching from Wednesday.  Dang!!  After work, I tuned into a floor-centric YWA - TRUE practice.  Perfect for a Friday!

Saturday: Cathe's XTrain 06: Cardio Leg Blast + 150 lunges + YWA


Legs today.  And boy, did this workout get the legs.  It alternates a cardio move - leg-centric - and a strength move.  So your legs never get a break.  It was a bit painful at times - especially the cardio moves.  After that 50 minutes, I took 5 minutes to do 150 walking lunges.  I didn't think I could do these, my legs were so tired from the workout.  But I managed.  Yay!  Then, finally, a stretch, followed by YWA - TRUE.  A good day!

Sunday: Cathe's XTrain 03A Burn Sets: Chest, Back, and Shoulders + XTrain Bonus Core 1 + YWA

Back to upper body today.  This was a really good workout.  You did three sets of each exercise, trying to go to failure.  It sure tested my muscles!  Some of the moves were a bit different, which was a nice change.  After that, I did the XTrain Core 1 - ouch!  This was intense and really hurt....in a somewhat good way.  I barely made it through.  Then, YWA today was all about core.  Ack!  Talk about hurt!  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - New Year's - BAD
Tuesday - 1173
Wednesday - 1124
Thursday - 1179
Friday - 1344
Saturday - 1279
Sunday - 1255

It felt so good to get back on the diet.  Amazing!



No comments: