Monday, January 22, 2018

Butt and Plateau Buster Months: Week 3

I've now lost a pound since New Year's.  That's not great....but I'll take it.  Beggars can't be choosers and all that.  Ha!

The workouts - getting more and more leg intensive - are challenging.  Cathe is no joke.  But I like it!  And I'm loving Yoga with Adriene's True.  

So, onward....

Monday: Cathe's Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing Live + YWA

Yes, Monday was supposed to be my new rest day....  But I had the day off for MLK so I decided to save my rest day for tomorrow.  This was my third time doing this live workout and it's fun.  It proves that you can raise your heart rate - and keep it up - without jumping around.  And there's so much boxing that my arms ached.  Wow.  Later in the day, I tuned into today's YWA: True.  It was very calming.

Tuesday: YWA + abs + YWA

Ah, rest days.  So lovely!  I woke up this morning and did today's YWA: True.  It was really good - and challenging, as usual.  It's a bit early but I think True is better than last year's Revolution.  After that, I did 15 minutes of abs from an old Cathe video. I honestly can't remember which video.  And, after work, I did tomorrow's YWA...since I'll miss one on Thursday.  It was 41 minutes long!  I must admit that I skipped some of it; my evenings are just too full some days.

Wednesday: Cathe's Great Glutes + walk + YWA

I was ready for a painful morning....and Cathe delivered. This workout is intense, though not quite as intense as some of Cathe's early leg workouts.  At least it's not dumbbell-centric.  You get some un-weighted moves that really give you a break....and some that really hurt!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, braving the below-freezing temps.  And after work, day 17 of YWA: True.  It was a good way to end the day!

Thursday: Cathe's HIIT 30/30 + upper body + walk

Cardio time!  It had been a while since I did this HIIT and it was a nice - tough - change.  I don't think I'll ever like tuck jumps....but I admire Cathe for doing them and making me do them.  Ha!  After that 25 minutes, I did 15 minutes of upper body work from an old Cathe video...and I have no idea which one it was.  It was just alright.  At work, I walked the track at the rec center on my lunch hour - always happy to move and then stretch.  It was sad not doing yoga today....but I'll continue it tomorrow!

Friday: Cathe's XTrain 04: SuperCuts + YWA


Holy cow!  So it's been a while since I've done a metabolic weight training workout.  These are supposedly a great way to get rid of fat and, considering how this one wiped me out, I'm about to believe it.  Cathe works you hard with compound exercises, tons of reps, and lighter weights.  She throws in a few low-impact weightless moves to keep your heart rate up but this workout is non-stop!  After work, I tuned into YWA: True, Day18.  Nice!

Saturday: Cathe's X10 + abs + YWA

Wowza.  I've done several sections of X10 but it continuously surprises me with it's high intensity.  Today, I did the Fat-Burning, Hi-Lo, and Step sections.  Each one had high impact cardio and high intensity metabolic weight training.  My heart was pumping!  And it was great!  After that 50 minutes, I did about 10 minutes of abs and then stretched.  YWA: True for today, Day 19, was really good.  It got me into poses I rarely attempt, which is always fun!

Sunday: Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs + YWA

Another leg day - they come so often!  This was a new-to-me video and it was good, though not my favorite.  It consisted of cardio/strength compound exercises and then standing and lying work with weights and the loop.  I took a break in the midst of it to do my 250 lunges for the day.  Ouch!  That was 40 minutes of work - and then I did 10 minutes of the abs.  After a nice stretch, I did today's YWA.  It was nice and soft - just what I needed after all that leg work.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1187
Tuesday - 1157
Wednesday - 1157
Thursday - 1288
Friday - 1240
Saturday - 1580
Sunday - 1311

There were more social things this week which meant eating out more.  I weighed later in the week and was the same - down only a pound from my original weight.  Then I weighed after working out and that took off another 0.6 pounds, which made me feel a bit better.  Ugh!

No comments: