Thursday, January 18, 2018

Good Omens

My book group chose to read Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, for January.  It was my second time to read this hilarious novel about Armageddon. 

Here's my Goodreads review:


This was my second time through Good Omens.  This book definitely makes an impact - hilariously and seriously.  The concept is so original but the delivery falls apart halfway through.  Pratchett and Gaiman lost my interest with the four horseman and it was downhill to armageddon.  And I was angry at them for making four uninteresting characters when there's so much potential there!  Those four either needed more development or none whatsoever.  


The greatest part of this book is the relationship between Aziraphale and Crowley.  I wish the entire thing could have focused on them and Adam.  That would be a great read.

No comments: