Monday, January 1, 2018

December Workouts: Week 4

The week between Christmas and New Years, otherwise known as a free-for-all before the house must be clear of bad food, come January 2.  It's also the one time of year we see some of our friends, which means eating out.  But I don't care - it's the holiday and a time to relax.  

At least I worked out - most days!  This week, I picked apart Cathe's Pure Strength to do a muscle group or two each day.  Cathe spends about 10 minutes on each body part.  

Monday: Christmas Day - rest

Tuesday: travel day - rest

Wednesday: Cathe's Mixed Impact HIIT with Bonus Abs + Pure Strength: Back & Biceps

I thought HIIT was a great way to start the week.  And this was a great workout - Cathe alternates high and low impact and even some weighted moves to keep your body guessing.  It was a great combination and kept my heart rate elevated.  The cardio lasted almost 35 minutes.  I skipped the abs and did Pure Strength instead.  These are older Cathe workouts - but they're still super effective.   I did my own abs and stretch to finish off my day.

Thursday: Cathe's Kick, Punch, and Crunch + Pure Strength: Chest

Another older Cathe workout - but a great kickboxing workout!  This one really got my heart pounding, which I loved.  Cathe really gets you moving in this workout before you settle into the punch/kick combos.  The combinations are a lot of fun themselves!  I did about 45 minutes of this cardio and then did the chest segment.  Ouch!  So many presses!  It was nice to stretch after all this!

Friday: Cathe's Great Glutes+ Pure Strength: Triceps

Legs today!  I worried about working my legs enough....but I shouldn't have.  This workout really gets them good.  Hovering in a lunge, with your knee an inch about the ground - that's guaranteed to get your legs shaking.  I did all of this workout except for the last 10 minutes of floor work.  Instead, I tuned into the Pure Strength Triceps segments.  So, an hour of work....and finally, a nice stretch.  

Saturday: Cathe's Intensity + Pure Strength: Shoulders & Abs

So, I'm on a cardio kick this week to work off some of these extra calories.  I went back to an old friend today with Intensity - my first Cathe workout.  I did about 35 minutes of this workout - the step segment and then the HIIT - high and low.  And it still got to me, after all the Cathe workouts I've done, she still makes me work and work hard.  After that, I did shoulder and ab work.  Ow!!!  

Sunday: Cathe's Warrior Boot Camp

I don't do many boot camps but I was all into shocking my body this week....so a boot camp it was.  This live Cathe workout aired just a few weeks ago.  It contains six segments, each of which includes a cardio move, a lower body move, an upper body move, and an ab move.  Repeat that 6 times.  I didn't do all the ab work - jogging sometimes instead.  But it was a great workout.  After that 45 minutes, I did 5 minutes of abs and then stretched.  

No calories this week.  They did not exist.  Ha!

No comments: