Monday, January 15, 2018

Butt and Plateau Buster Months: Week 2

To start the week off, I weighed.  And I was done 0.6 pounds!  I know this doesn't seem like much....but I'm ecstatic!  That's 0.6 pounds below the number that hasn't budged in months.  Amazing!!  And to think that a week ago, on New Year's Day, I was eating horribly.....wow!  There's hope...

So now I'm even more motivated than usual!

One minor change....  My rest days are screwed up since I took last Monday off for the holiday.  So, for now, rest days will come at the beginning of the week.

Monday: YWA + Cathe's Fit Split Core + YWA


Rest day!  My legs were still killing me this morning so a rest day sounded lovely!  And then Adriene got my blood pumping with TRUE Day 7.  Wow.  Up and down, up and down...  That's one way to get going in the morning!  After that 25 minute practice, I tuned into Cathe's new Fit Split program's core routine.  OUCH!  I couldn't get through this one, it was so painful!  I did about 3/4 of it.  And, at the end of the day, I did TRUE Day 8, which I'd downloaded - because I'm going to miss yoga on Thursday.  So, I'll be ahead of the game until then!

Tuesday: Cathe's Low Impact Cardio HIIT Live + YWA


Oh my gosh!  I didn't know what I was getting into this morning!  This low impact workout worked me harder than any other Cathe low impact workout.  It was crazy intense!  And short!  I did about 10 minutes of my cardio to fill a full 40 minutes.  It felt good but dang!  After work, this YWA Day 9 had some lovely stretches.  Very nice!

Wednesday: Cathe's Leaner Legs + walk + YWA


Considering my legs were still hurting from Saturday, I was not looking forward to another leg day.  Cathe doesn't warm you up quite as much as usual in this older workout so you're thrown into some intense exercises pretty quickly.  The good news was that my heart rate skyrocketed and only came down briefly during the deadlifts.  So this was a crazy workout!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and after work, YWA!  Day 10!  Lots of twists in this Detox session - but it was all good.

Thursday: Cathe's Upper Body with Ball Live + walk + YWA

Time for arms this morning!  This was a good workout for this week, after more intense arm work last week.  It was shorter and then Cathe moved into ab work.  I got through one of the ab circuits and then stopped - a bit early today to have a few more minutes to get ready.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center again.  My evening plans got moved to next week so I could do my yoga!  YWA True was really good - soft.  I'm all about soft yoga at this time in the week!

Friday: Cathe's To the Max + YWA

I couldn't remember this workout, though I'd done it before.  And it was a lot harder than I anticipated!  I did these segments: step, tabata, and HIIT.  Whew!  It was definitely a great workout...just not what I expected. I did about 5 minutes of my own cardio at the end to cool off and take it down a notch.  Day 12 of YWA True was really good - and challenging.  Adriene always manages to surprise me!  

Saturday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Ramped Up Upper Body + XTrain Core 2 + YWA

Back to the upper body today.  I was still a tiny bit sore from Thursday but not too bad.  This workout definitely tested my strength, though.  It's fast moving and high rep.  My arms burned out quickly using heavier weights.  I generally had to decrease my weight on the second rep.  After that 45 minutes, I did 10 minutes of XTrain Core 2 - which was challenging.  I had to skip one move altogether.  And since I was a day ahead of YWA, I got stuck today when they didn't post the next day's True on the download site.  Oy.  So, I did this YWA on rabbit pose, hoping it would stretch my arms - and it did!

Sunday: Cathe's X10 + XTrain Legs + YWA

Whew.  So I started the morning with X10 - a brutal cardio workout.  I did the Cardio Blast and Low Impact sections.  This is a killer workout.  In between sections, I did walking lunges for a total of 200.  All that lasted 35 minutes.  I then tuned into XTrain Legs.  Ironically, the standing work of this workout is nothing compared to what you do on the floor.  I was in agony on the floor.  That went on for 30 minutes.  I then treated myself to a good stretch - my legs were  so tired.  Then, YWA was all about strength today, which only further tested my poor legs.  Ouch!  I was glad to be done.  YWA works much better when it stands alone - for me, anyway.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1198
Tuesday - 1159
Wednesday - 1123
Thursday - 1123
Friday - 1176
Saturday - 1205
Sunday - 1220

Success!  A week of healthy eating!

No comments: