Monday, May 21, 2018

Metabolic Rotation Addendum: Week 3 of 3

One more week until vacation!  I'm so ready...  

But first, another week of workouts.  I'll be sad to go off this rotation but it's always good to change things up.

Monday: Cathe's Low Impact Conditioning Express + YWA

I woke up feeling horrible so this workout happened at the end of the day.  Low Impact Conditioning Express is a fairly recent addition to Cathe's live workouts.  It's different and fun - a great workout!  My only complaint is that all the floorwork - burpees, mountain climbers - doesn't get me any steps!  After that 35 minutes, I did the last 10 minutes of Dozois' CIB from Sunday.  Just to finish it.  Then, a nice YWA to stretch out and try a new balancing pose.  Fun!

Tuesday: Cathe's Toasted Trisets: Upper Body Live + walk + YWA


Time for upper body today!  This workout - another newer one - meant business right away!  Whew!  You do three exercises - a triset - for each upper body muscle group.  You do that triset three times - 8 reps every time.  My muscles were definitely aching by the end of each triset.  Dang!  At lunch, I walked - needing steps, especially after not having gotten many on Monday.  Oy.  I then planked.  After a long day, this YWA woke me up!  And I'm really beginning to like tree pose!

Wednesday: Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs + walk


Leg days are always fun - and painful.  Today I did all the leg portion of Lean Legs and Abs - the compound exercises, the firewalker band segment, and most of the bonus barre.  I was definitely huffing and puffing during the compound exercises - which is Cathe's intention.  The firewalker band part is always very painful.  Ouch!  Once again, I walked at the rec center to get steps.  I then did sit-ups and stretched my legs out really well.

Thursday: YWA + YWA

I debated not taking this rest day since my vacation starts on Sunday....  But I needed a break, especially after a night of very restless quasi-sleep.  But at least I chose a challenging YWA.  This one went up and down a lot and definitely made me break a sweat!  After work, this yoga ab workout was good.  I'd been putting off doing it because I hate how slow Adriene makes you do ab work.  Ha!

Friday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Boot Camp


A new workout today!  This was a great metabolic workout.  Cathe leads you through circuits that contain a cardio move, a leg move, a compound exercise, and an upper body exercise.  My heart rate stayed sky high throughout this one and it was a lot of fun.  I really do enjoy the variety of movements in these boot camp workouts!  Fun!

Saturday: Cathe's XTrain: Cardio Leg Blast + Lean Legs and Abs (abs)

Another metabolic workout before we leave for vacation!  This one is really tough and I love it!  Cathe alternates a cardio move (leg heavy) and a weighted leg move.  This really makes your lower body burn!  A lot of the cardio moves are very difficult but, thankfully, get a bit easier as the workout progresses.  I love weighted leg workout because it makes my heart rate spike like nothing else!  After that 50 minutes, I did the abs from Lean Legs and Abs - about 10 minutes.  Then, I stretched.  

Sunday: vacation


No comments: