Monday, May 14, 2018

Metabolic Rotation Addendum: Week 2 of 3

Two more weeks until vacation!  I cannot say enough....thank goodness!  I'm tired - mentally and emotionally fried.

But before that, I have two more weeks of Cathe and a few Michelle Dozois workouts.  Fun!

Monday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Ramped Up Upper Body + walk + YWA


My back was still hurting from Saturday's weights, but I did this workout anyway.  Ha!  Thankfully, the back was the first muscle Cathe focuses on this workout, so I got it out of the way.  And this one is a fun video - which hits all the upper body is rapid succession.  It also contains the dreaded push-ups and tricep dips.  Ugh!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get some steps.  And after work, this YWA got me a bit too sweaty.  Ha!

Tuesday:  Cathe's Slow and Heavy: Legs + walk + YWA


Slow and Heavy is an old series from Cathe.  This video consisted of Legs and Shoulders but I only did legs.  The reps are as it's called - slow and heavy.  You go down for 2 counts and come up for 6 - for every exercise.  Whew!  You definitely get a burn going with this workout....  So much so that my heart rate stayed over 145 the entire time.  That lasted for about 35 minutes.  I then did a few minutes of weighted bridges.  Fun.  At lunch, I walked and planked.  This YWA was really nice - and a good length!

Wednesday: Cathe's HIIT 40/20 + ICE Blizzard Blast Legs 


Time for cardio today!  My feet were happily rested after two days of weights so I was ready to go!  This HIIT really gets you going fast.  The first block is possibly the hardest - for me, at least.  But I enjoyed the hard work.  After that 25 minutes, I finished off my morning with part of the Blizzard Blast from Cathe's ICE legs workout.  It contained weighted leg work with some blasts - but I used lighter weights since I did legs yesterday!

Thursday: Dozois' PeakFit: Dynamic Flexibility + YWA


Rest day!  And I needed it, considering my stomach kept me up, hurting, all night.  This workout was lovely - it always gets me sweating in a good way.  Michelle is so innovative in the way she stretches you through dynamic movements.  I love it!  Then, after work, I wanted something light so "easy breezy" sounded like a good choice.  Well, Adriene and I disagree on the definition of "easy."  Hmph!

Friday: Cathe's ICE Boot Camp Circuit


A new workout!  This ICE Boot Camp was great.  I really enjoyed it!  The format was like this: cardio move, lower body weighted move, upper body move, ab exercise.   Repeat...a lot.   My heart rate stayed up and I don't even have a step to use!  But I worked hard and got worked hard by this workout.  Very nice!

Saturday: Cathe's Lift It HIIT It Legs Live + ICE Blizzard Blast Boot Camp Circuit


Wow.  So, one way to get my heart rate up sky high and to keep it up is Lift It HIIT It Legs.  This workout - just like the DVD with the same name - alternates a weighted leg strength move and a HIIT move.  Less than halfway through this video, Cathe's HIIT moves start focusing on the legs, making this even more difficult.  Cool!  That lasted for about 40 minutes.  I then did most - 10 minutes worth - of the ICE Blizzard Blast from Friday's Boot Camp.  It kept my heart rate up there!  After all that, a stretch.

Sunday:  Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn + Cathe's Strong and Sweaty Abs

Steady cardio day meant Michelle Dozois' first Peak 10 workout.  This one is  a lot of fun and, yes, kept my heart pounding.  I really like Cathe but Michelle was my first love.  Ha!    I only did 4 of the segments (skipping one) to get in 50 minutes of work.  I then tuned into Cathe for ten minutes of abs.  Ouch!  Finally, a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

I was really good Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  On Mother's Day, there was waaayy too much food.  But, oh well.  Fun was had - with mothers.

No comments: