Thursday, May 10, 2018

Slouch Hat

I have some knitting to tell you about!  My April project was completed on April 29 - just in time!  I don't know if I'll be able to keep up this project-a-month goal but we'll see!  

For April, I made a hat out of sock yarn!



Pattern: Sockhead Slouch Hat by Kelly McClure
Yarn: Dream in Color Jilly in Eggplant

Needles: US 2
Made for: unknown
Time to completion: 3 weeks


I didn't make this hat quite as slouchy as the pattern called for - I knitted 11 inches instead of 13.  If I make another one - and I may - I'll do the 13 inches.   But this was a fun, easy knit, and a great way to use up sock yarn on something other than socks!

As far as the yarn, I can't say Jilly was my favorite.  The yarn split ridiculously easily and that really frustrates me.  It's soft, once knitted up, but I didn't really enjoy knitting with it.

No comments: