Friday, May 18, 2018

Stay-cay or Vacay?

Life has been a little crazy lately.  Nothing huge is happening to me, per se, but there's so much going on all around, especially with those I love the most, that I find myself struggling to not be stressed.  And I don't think I'm succeeding.  As a result, I'm tired.  The last year - well, it's been an emotional ringer.

So when Mr. Higgins was ready to plan our second vacation for 2018, I said 'no' to a cruise.  He was surprised but went along.  We came up with a plan to go to south Texas - to places we rarely visit.  The idea was to spend half the vacation away and half at home - to relax.  Now, I've scaled that plan back to only three nights away.  

This is what happens when I'm stressed - the thought of having to plan and fulfill vacation plans is just too much.  

I really want time at home to be creative and nestled in with my crafts.  And I really want to forget about everyone else's problems and focus on me.  Mr. Higgins is amazing for understanding this and going along with my un-plans, as they were.  

Hopefully, by this time next week, I'll be back home after our short trip with a finished knitting project!   And ready to do some other crafting!

No comments: