Thursday, July 5, 2018

Fourth Pair of Socks



Pattern: Basic Top Down with Heel Flap by Charlene Schurch (Sensation Knitted Socks)
Yarn: Long Dog Yarn's Bounce Sock  in Dark 
Dimension

Needles: 2.5mm
Made for: me
Time to completion: 4 weeks


My June knitting project was for me!  Yay!  I made myself socks - for the first time since my very first pair...which are a bit sub-par.  I wanted the most basic pattern - vanilla socks - for this colorway, which I fell hard for at this year's DFW Fiber Fest.  Knitting with it was such a joy - there are so many colors that pop up throughout!  I love yarn!  Soft, squishy, bouncy, pretty, yarn....


Ahem.  I'm very happy with these socks.  I'm learning more and more about the intricacies of knitting socks with each and every pair.  It's fun!  Now I just need to block them and get used to wearing hand-knitted socks.  As funny as that sounds, these felt funny on my feet.  So, come winter, I'll have to wear them enough to get used to them.  Which means.....  I need to knit more socks!


Yes, I'm crazy.  

No comments: