Monday, July 16, 2018

RWH + XTrain Rotation: Week 7

Only two more weeks!  Unbelievable!

I'm enjoying this rotation but I'm missing some of Cathe's other workouts.  I guess there's just no making me happy.  Ha!

Monday: Cathe's XTrain: SuperCuts + walk + YWA


My legs were still sore this morning, this time from a wicked Cathe Live workout yesterday.  But I powered through this metabolic strength program, which can very easily kick my bum on a good day.  It moves fast and never, ever stops!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then really stretched out my legs.  And it helped, thank goodness!   At the end of the day, this YWA got me just a bit sweaty. I love this one!

Tuesday:  Cathe's Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing


I've done this boxing workout several times and really enjoy it.  The official rotation had Cathe's original Hard Strikes on the calendar (from XTrain) but I really don't like that workout.  It's too cardio-heavy - and too light on the boxing!  So this one was really good for today.  I worked hard and had fun!  A busy day meant that this was my one and only workout.

Wednesday: Cathe's Lower Body Confusion + walk 

The official rotation had two low impact workouts scheduled for this week.  I decided to do two leg workouts instead!  This is a newer Cathe Live workout and it was great!  Cathe runs you through all kinds of leg exercises - HIIT, strength, barre - to totally confuse your muscles.  I loved it!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center - getting a little too sweaty - and then stretched really well.  Oh, and I planked!  

Thursday:  YWA + RWH Abs 1


Today's rest day was very well timed as I woke up feeling not great.  I was going to do abs along with a YWA but that didn't happen; my stomach wouldn't have it.  So this YWA was a great way to wake the body up slowly and calmly.  I added on a bit of my own stretching and had a nice morning!  After work, I did this RWH ab workout - which I just couldn't face at 5:30am.

Friday: Cathe's RWH: Upper Body Circuit

My last time to do this workout in this rotation!  Yay!  I've grown a bit tired of this one so I'm glad to be done with it.  That's not to say it's not effective - it is!  But I'm just tired of it.  And I'm super tired of snowboards.  I couldn't quite get all of them done this morning and that made me mad.  But.  I got it done and worked my muscles really well!  So, success!

Saturday: Cathe's XTrain: Cardio Leg Blast + barre + YWA

I really enjoy this leg workout.  Cardio, weights, cardio, weights....  On and on....but fun!  My legs always feel this one and today I went super low in my squats to really make it hurt.  Ha!  After that 50 minutes, I did the last 10 minutes from Wednesday's Lower Body Confusion, which is all barre work.  I couldn't finish the workout on Wednesday and that bugged me.  The barre work was brutal after having already done so much leg work - but I liked it!  And finally, a stretch and this YWA to wind down.

Sunday: Cathe's Low Impact HIIT Circuit Live + RWH Abs 2

This was a new-to-me Cathe Live workout....and it was great!  It alternates two cardio moves and two weighted moves for a metabolic sweat-fest!  Ha!  Despite it being low impact my heart rate was super high during the cardio.  The weighted moves were mostly compound, which also helped the heart rate.  After that 50 minutes, I did RWH Abs 2 - which is not easy.  And finally, after that hour, a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1171
Tuesday - 1390
Wednesday - 1243
Thursday - 1131
Friday - bad
Saturday - 1697
Sunday - 1677

I ate salads for dinner every day this week - except Friday!  I need to look good for our friends' wedding in a few weeks so I need to buckle down a bit!

No comments: