Monday, July 2, 2018

RWH + XTrain Rotation: Week 5

Starting the second half of this rotation feels like an accomplishment, for sure!

I'm still liking these workouts but I may sub some out for a few live workouts - just to change it up a bit.

Monday: Cathe's Cardio and Weights + walk + YWA


This live workout contains mostly upper body work for the weighted moves - so I decided to sub it for RWH: Upper Body Circuit....which I'm getting tired of.  The cardio in this workout really taxed my feet, after so much jumping on Sunday.  I had to make a few moves low impact.  At work, I walked at the rec center at lunch to get more steps - and I planked.  This YWA got my core even more fiery than earlier in the day!

Tuesday: Cathe's Low Impact Cardio and Strength with Step + YWA


I'm so glad I opted out of the suggested low impact HIIT for this live workout.  This one isn't HIIT - it's straight cardio and I love mixing that with HIIT workouts.  This one is a bit repetitive but still very, very good.  My heart rate went up very quickly and stayed up.  I didn't use weights for the strength portion and I had to stop before the upper body exercises...  But this was a nice change!  And this YWA helped me relax after a stressful day.  

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain: Legs + walk

My bum was a bit sore from all the squats yesterday so this workout sounded a bit daunting when I woke up.  But I did it and felt great doing it!  The one move that burns like nothing else - low pulsing lunges - still hurts like crazy but I did it!  I had to cut out some of the floorwork due to my time constraint (45 minutes), but I got most of this done!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then did my sit-ups.  Fun.

Thursday: Cathe's Jabs and Kicks

Today, I had weird work obligations which meant I could be a tiny bit later going in.  That meant I wasn't rushing so much and I could do a few more minutes of this workout, which I really enjoy.  This was my second time through it and it was just as fun this time around.  Cathe does a lot of combinations with punches and kicks, which I love!  A fun morning!

Friday: Cathe's RWH: Lift It HIIT It Legs 


I made a huge mistake this morning and did the wrong workout!  I was supposed to do Upper Body Circuit but my brain was apparently too fried to remember that.  This workout, however, is such a good one!  I love the cardio/weight format.  After it finished, I did some upper body weights - biceps and shoulders - since I did the wrong workout.  Ugh!

Saturday: Cathe's To the Max + RWH Abs 1

Lots of cardio this morning!  This workout is fun - but  a lot of hard work!  Step, tabata, HIIT, and then compound leg work!  Whew!  I was sweating up a storm.  That lasted for 45 minutes.  I then did some upper body weights - back, triceps, and chest.  Then, RWH abs - which were almost fun compared to the XTrain abs.  Ha!  I stretched and called it a morning.  

Sunday: REST

Calorie Counts:

I won't lie: it was an awful week.  A work retreat meant too much snacking and unhealthy foods.  Then, over the weekend, we celebrated July 4th early - so we ate horribly!  Ugh!

No comments: