Monday, July 30, 2018

Cathe Mish Mosh: Week 1

This week starts a new 13-week rotation of my very own creation.  I wanted to do ALL the Cathe workouts and this is what I came up with!!  Ha!

This rotation, though, starts out with a slight break from Cathe.  I'll still do a few of her workouts but I'm going to visit some others, too.  But after that, it's almost all Cathe again.  And the last five weeks are very similar to the Metabolic Rotation from earlier this year.  


But first, this week will be a short one due to a friend's wedding in Colorado.  Only three days of workouts - and that actually makes me happy.  I'm dangerously close to being burnt out in all areas - work, weather, and workouts.  So, this actually comes at a great time.

Monday: Cathe's PHA 3 Live + walk

Cathe gets to start this rotation off with a bang - well, actually, more like an "ouch."  This PHA training was great and I was feeling it in my legs by mid-day.  You only repeat the set of exercises twice, which is great; too much reception is a bit boring.  But there are three sets of exercises so, your muscles, especially your legs, get a thorough workout.  To get some steps, I walked at the rec center.  There won't be any YWA this week because there's too much to do before the trip!

Tuesday: Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Muscle Definition (#1) + walk

Taking a break from Cathe, I tried KCM's weight training video today, which I got at Christmas.  Yes, it took me this long to try it; I'm a bit Cathe-obsessed.  But KCM was good - and tough! - because she had some completely different exercises that my muscles were not expecting.   And that's good!  My one complaint - she never suggests dumbbell weights.   And I didn't like the music...but that's not a big deal.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center - and was so happy to be done with that!

Wednesday: Dozois’ PeakFit Pure Cardio

My last workout before our short trip.  This one is so good - and this morning, I fast forwarded to the last section right off the bat, since it’s the most difficult and usually gets cut off.  It’s also the one with lunge jumps, which are never my favorite.  They’re a little easier thanks to Cathe but Michelle puts them in the midst of so many other jumping moves…..  Whew!  It’s tough.  I succeeded, though, and really enjoyed the sweat fest!

Thursday - Sunday: REST

Since we were out of town, I used the opportunity to rest and give my poor feet a chance at relief.  

Calorie Counts:

I was great on Monday and Tuesday.  Then, I weighed on Wednesday morning - and was down an additional 0.6 pounds.  Yes!!

No comments: