Monday, August 20, 2018

Cathe Mish Mosh: Week 4

This week, I'm focusing on Cathe's Low Impact Series, for something different.  I haven't done a lot of these workouts since last fall/winter, so it's fun to do them again.

And after all of my Michelle Dozois workouts recently, it's nice to give my joints a break with some low impact work.

Monday: Cathe's Low Impact Series: Total Body Trisets (Upper ) + walk + YWA

My chest was still hurting from Friday's Gym Style torture session.  And yet, here I was doing weights again this morning.  This is not my favorite upper body strength video, but it's definitely effective - and my chest most definitely objected!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center since I had no steps for the day so far.  After work, I did this YWA on a whim - but it was so much better than I remembered.  It really helped open up my sore chest and shoulders.  Very nice!

Tuesday: Cathe's Low Impact Series: Cardio Supersets + Icy Core 1

All I remembered before today about Cardio Supersets was that I didn't like it as much as Afterburn.  But today, I enjoyed it because it was different.  I skipped a lot of the push-ups, deciding to give my upper body a break.  I made up for it with standing cardio.  But this was a great workout that kept my hear rate up there.  After that, I did some core work, because I had some extra time.  I had forgotten how tough this Icy Core is!  

Wednesday: Cathe's Low Impact Series: Total Body Trisets (Lower) + walk

I didn't really remember this workout but it turned out to be really good.  My heart rate quickly went up and had a hard time coming down!  This workout does contain one of the hardest balancing challenges in all of Cathe's DVDs: a one-legged squat where you bend to the floor to release and then pick up weights.  I can't do it; I do one-legged squats instead.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get steps.  

Thursday: Cathe's LIS: Afterburn + Icy Core 2

Whew!  This workout always surprises me - it's always tougher than I expect.  I was off Thursday and Friday so I had more time.  I did all of this workout, so about 50 minutes of work.  I then did my second core workout for the week.  Ouch!  I stretched really well - since my legs still hurt from Wednesday.  Wow.

Friday: Cathe's Travel Fit 

Since I was out of town today, but needed another strength workout, this seemed the perfect opportunity to try a new-to-me Cathe workout, Travel Fit.  It uses bands instead of weights.  I don't think bands are as effective as weights but I've found that they recruit different muscles - in a very good way.  I did all of this workout, including the abs.  My legs still hurt from Wednesday so that was a bit unpleasant.  But a good workout!!  It lasted 50 minutes.

Saturday: Cathe's MMA Boxing + Nordin's Butt Bible 1

I was still out of town today so I did 30 minutes of MMA Boxing - and really enjoyed it.  I forget about these MMA  - and they're very good!  I love the cardio blasts within the boxing.  After doing 30 minutes of that, I tuned into Nordin's Butt Bible - and this is my last time around with level 1.  I used no weights today, since I wasn't home.  But it still hurt.   Almost immediately.  Sigh.

Sunday: REST

Travel and catch up day. 

Calorie Counts:

This week was so bad, I can't even tell you.  Ugh.


No comments: