Monday, August 27, 2018

Cathe Mish Mosh: Week 5

This week, my Cathe focus shifts to XTrain.  This is a tough series and the strength work is really good!

I wish my eating was going to be better....but it will be - soon enough!

Monday: Cathe's XTrain: Chest, Back, and Shoulders + walk

I actually meant to do the Burn Sets for this muscle group and accidentally clicked on this workout instead.  Ack!  Oh, well.  I like that this one moves through each muscle group before repeating a group.  That way, your muscles don't tire as quickly.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, needing steps and activity after so much weekend eating.  Life interfered with yoga - again.  Sigh.

Tuesday: Cathe's XTrain: Burn Sets - Bi's and Tri's + walk + YWA

More weights this morning - and I did the correct workout, finally!  This was a great, effective, and reasonably timed workout!  It last just under 40 minutes, which was perfect because I could do it all!  And my arms were burning, for sure!  Wow!  At lunch, I walked again at the rec center, determined to get my steps this week!  I also did my planking.  After work, this YWA was light and refreshing.

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain: All Out Low Impact HIIT

I was ready for cardio this morning - and low impact is always a treat.  This one works you hard, especially at the beginning.  But this morning, my heart rate did not want to climb.  Maybe my FitBit wasn't awake yet.  I felt like I got a great workout, and that's what matters in the long run.  I was super happy to not have to walk at lunch today.  I get so tired of sweating on my lunch break!

Thursday: YWA + Icy Core 1

For my rest day, I probably should have done something just a bit more active....but I really wanted some yoga.  My body was craving it.  And I got to do a longer session from Adriene's Revolution!  Nice!  I then did this core workout - not the easiest, but not the hardest.  A good morning!

Friday: Cathe's ICE: Chiseled Lower Body Blast

A new workout!  I love trying new-to-me Cathe workouts!  And I haven't found an ICE workout that I didn't like.  This Lower Body Blast is definitely a blast but Cathe veterans will be able to tell that it's an intermediate workout.  My heart didn't seem to know that, however, because it pounded away like crazy!  Whew!  What a good way to start a Friday!

Saturday: Cathe's Bootcamp with Step Live + Nordin's Butt Bible 2

Today started with a new live workout from Cathe - one from 2015 that is still good.  This bootcamp contains circuits that include a step cardio move, a lower body strength move, and then upper body.  It was good - not my favorite, but still good.  I always like the variety of these bootcamp workouts.  After 30 minutes of that, I tuned into the next level of Butt Bible, which is 30 minutes long.  And dang!!!  I used a 12-pound weight for the weighted exercises, squeezed my bum like crazy, and was in constant pain.  Fun!  After that, I stretched out the legs really well!

Sunday: Cathe's XTrain: Tabatacise + Icy Core 2

I wasn't really looking forward to Tabatacise but at least I don't dread it like Crossfire.  And I did pretty well with it, this time through.  Sure, I thought I was going to die a few times, but that's normal.  Ha!  My heart rate was through the roof, which always makes me happy.  After that 45 minutes, I did my second core workout of the week and stretched.  A good day!

Calorie Counts:

I was really good on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  The rest of the days were bad.  Only one more week of bad eating and then it's time to buckle down!

No comments: