Monday, September 17, 2018

Cathe Mish Mosh: Week 8

Time is flying by: less than six weeks until I have to get into a bikini!  Eek!

Thankfully, we're back to being on our strict diet.  It's tough - and I'm always hungry - but I love being able to get into all my clothes.  And not being self-conscious about my extra pounds.   

This is the last week of Cathe's various workout series.  After this, I'll focus on her live workouts.  But for now - ICE, which is Cathe's intermediate series.

Monday: Cathe's ICE: Boot Camp Circuit + Strong and Sweaty Abs + YWA


This was a good way to start the week - and I'm still loving boot camp workouts!!  The format is like this - cardio, upper, lower, abs.  Repeat again and again.  I didn't do the floor-based ab work - but I did the standing ab work.  And it was a great workout!  After work, I did this tough ab video, which I should have done on Sunday but didn't.  And I did part of Adriene's first video of her new partnership with One Commune.  It was pretty easy - well, very beginner - and I don't know if I'll do the rest.  But Adriene is always so good!

Tuesday: Cathe's ICE: Chiseled Upper Body + walk

Weights today!  Since this series is intermediate, there were a lot of different weighted exercises that Cathe doesn't normally do.  So that made this fun!  I used heavier weights than Cathe to tax my muscles as much as possible.  And it seemed effective!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center - and planked.  I'm now up to a minute on my planks!  Yes!

Wednesday: Cathe's ICE: To the Mat Legs and Glutes + walk + YWA


A new-to-me Cathe workout!  I've never done To the Mat because it takes place entirely on the floor - go figure.  And I always try to get a cardio component with my leg workouts.  But I was ready for something different in the area of leg workouts and this one is, indeed, different.  And hurtful!  It's tough - bridges, leg raises of all shapes and sizes, and some core work.  I enjoyed it!  At lunch, I walked to get some of those steps back.  After work, I did day three of YWA's One Commune series.  It was really good!

Thursday: Cathe's ICE: Low Impact Sweat + STS Abs: No Equipment Abs

In a week that is heavy on strength, I was ready for pure cardio this morning.  And this workout did not disappoint.  I'd done it before but did not remember many of the circuits.  And this one is different than Cathe's other low impact HIIT workouts - in a good way.  She had to come up with some "intermediate" moves....but this still worked me hard.  After work, I did this 17-minute long ab workouts.  Ouch!  I had no energy for yoga after that.

Friday: Cathe's ICE: Metabolic Total Body


More weights today.  This workout was purely compound exercises.  The legs, the arms - everything was worked excessively.  And it made me sweat profusely.  Ha!  This was a great workout - cardio together with strength, and I lifted as heavy as I could.  My arms were aching by the end!  What a great morning!

Saturday: REST

Due to football.  :)

Sunday: Cathe's ICE: Rock'm Sock'm + Nordin's Butt Bible Lower 2

It had been a while since I touched Rock'm Sock'm....and I really enjoyed it this morning.  Cathe mixes in a lot of high impact cardio to keep your heart rate up amid the punch combos.  So, you stay interested and engaged throughout the workout.  I only did 30 minutes of it before tuning into Butt Bible.  This is the last week of level 2 so I should have enjoyed this....but it was torturous as usual.  After that 30 minutes, a long stretch!

Calorie Counts:

Monday -1190

Tuesday - 1190
Wendesday - 1190
Thursday - 1197
Friday -1450
Saturday - 1148
Sunday - 1133

So I ate the exact same things a few times this week....and it paid off!  I'm back to my lowest since I peaked after my thyroid.  Now, let's see how much more I can lose!

No comments: