Thursday, September 13, 2018

Verum

I have a finished object!  That one with tons of short-rows!




Pattern: Verum by Jana Huck
Yarn: Sundara Yarn Spot Merino Two (gradient set of 4 skeins) + Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK (1/2 of a skein of Ristretto)

Needles: US 4
Made for: me!
Time to completion: 9 months but only 3 solid months of knitting


I started this project last October but after about a month of knitting, got sidetracked by Christmas presents and socks.  Oy.  At the time, I was discouraged by the short-rows.  

But one of my goals for this year was to finish the thing.  And I'm so glad I did.  I love it!  I ran out of yarn, mainly because I was trying to keep the gradient in line with the pattern.  But I found some brown Madelinetosh that pulled it all together at the end.  You can see in the last photo that I used the gradient for the stripes within the brown.  I really like how that turned out!

I'm glad I did this project but I've learned that really big items are harder for me to get through. Maybe I'm still too new to knitting, I don't know. 

One thing is for sure: I'll be forever wary of short-rows!

No comments: