Monday, September 3, 2018

Cathe Mish Mosh: Week 6

This week, I go back to Cathe's Gym Style workouts for some serious strength work.  I can't say I'm terribly excited about this, but at least I know I'll get some great workouts!

This is our last week of bad eating before we buckle down to get ready for the all inclusive.  Eek!

Monday: Cathe's Gym Style: Chest and Triceps + walk + YWA


I was not looking forward to these 72 push-ups to start another week.  But I did them!  Yes!  And I didn't go down in any weights!  That is tough to do considering just how much this workout taxes your fragile muscles.  To get through the pain, I've found that concentrating on my breathing works wonders.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get some steps - and some sit-ups in.  This YWA seemed appropriate for today, given how much I ate over the weekend.  Ha!  Oy.

Tuesday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Boot Camp

This is my second boot camp workout in three days and it's amazing how much I enjoy them.  There is so much variety!  This one is formatted like this - cardio move, lower body strength, compound strength, upper body strength.  So much to do that you never get bored!  I used lighter weights and, because my chest and triceps were still sore from yesterday, I skipped the dips and push-ups.  

Wednesday: Cathe's Gym Style: Back, Shoulders, and Biceps + walk 

More weights today!  At least this workout is the least painful of the Gym Style series.  Ha!  I went up in some weights, which is always good, and I did as much of this as I could in my allotted morning time slot.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and planked.  The students are back and the rec is so busy these days.  Ugh!  I wish I had had time for yoga - my muscles need a good stretch.

Thursday: Ilyse's 10 Minute Dance Party + Cathe's Pilates Abs


I should have done yoga to stretch but I was craving a bit of dance...and I needed to attend to my abs for the week.  I found this YouTube video of Ilyse Baker, which reminds me of just how much I miss FitnessGlo and all those wonderful dance workouts.  After that, once I was nice and warm, I tuned into Cathe's 20-minute pilates core workout.  It's tough - but not the toughest.  It was good for a weekday morning!

Friday: Cathe's Gym Style: Legs + YWA

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  This leg workout is so insane.  I thought I'd burned as much as I could burn while doing it...but, no.  Today was the worst.   But I may say that every time.  Ha!  So many lunges and leg presses!  And then, the floor work is just as painful.  Wow.  I'm glad to have this over for a while!  After work, I did this YWA to stretch and relax.  I really needed it; my legs had hurt all day!

Saturday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Cardio Slam

Cardio day!  It's been awhile since I've done Cardio Slam and I really enjoyed it this morning.  It works you hard - and is non-stop.  The only relief is a few low-impact moves that Cathe blessedly gives you.  My heart rate soared and stayed high throughout, which was exactly what I needed.   This lasts for just under 50 minutes - and I did it all.  And then I stretched and called it a day.

Sunday: Cathe's Jabs and Abs + Nordin's Butt Bible 2

I was looking forward to kickboxing.....but this workout had a lot more straight cardio than what I remembered.  So, my feet were not happy.  But, I made it through my goal of thirty minutes - and sweated a lot.  Then, Butt Bible, which I was not looking forward to.  There are side lunges in this level that, for some reason, really aggravate my calves.  I made it through the full thirty minutes - and used 14 pounds for my one dumbbell.  After that, a lovely stretch and a few abs exercises.

Calorie Counts:

HORRIBLE


No comments: