Thursday, October 19, 2017

Cathe Friedrich: Gym Style Chest and Triceps (Review)

Now that I've done a month of Gym Style workouts, I can share with you my opinions of these workouts - such great additions to your workout library!


Coming off of Cathe's STS program, the style of these Gym Style videos was a shock to my body.  There's very little rest between exercises and you work on one group of muscles until complete and utter (shaking!) exhaustion.

Chest and Triceps was the hardest of the Gym Style DVDs.  Why?  Because you start with drop sets of push-ups.  You do a total of 72 push-ups.  I was so proud of myself for getting through all of them....  Only, you have to use those same muscles for the rest of the workout and you just exhausted them.  Seriously.  I could barely lift anything after those push-ups and I had to turn around and do chest presses.

So do not expect to lift as heavy as in STS.  Your muscles are just too worn out.  By the time I got to triceps, my chest muscles were shaking so much that my triceps could barely work.  Ouch!

This workout is 48 minutes long and contains a warm-up and stretch.  You need dumbbells, a step (not really required), a barbell (I used only dumbbells), and a resistance band.  Every single chest and tricep muscle will be worked to the point of exhaustion.  This is a very difficult workout.  But.  It's one of the best I've ever encountered.

Bottom Line: If you are serious about gaining muscle, this is one of the most effective workouts on the market today.

No comments: