Friday, October 6, 2017

Second Pair of Socks!



I knitted my first pair of socks in 2009 - and I wasn't 100% happy with the results.  This time, I had a new ally: Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks.  Prior to starting my second pair of  socks, I read all of her instructions, which include fabulous tips you won't find anywhere else.  And having knitted several pair of baby socks definitely helped, as well.

Pattern: Four-Stitch Ribbing Patterns by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Must Stash Yarn & Fiber - Perfect Self Striping Sock

Needles: US 1 (2.25mm)
Made for: me - I think
Time to completion: 4 months


I loved knitting these socks with this yarn.  It is amazing.  I've already bought more for more socks!  The pattern was great - super easy to follow.  Schurch lays out exactly how many stitches you need for every size of foot you will encounter.  My only little gripe about her pattern is the heel flap....  It has some garter stitches that I don't love.

But, yay!  Socks!  Adult socks!  Lovely adult socks!

No comments: