Monday, October 2, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 3

Last week ended with a cold so hopefully this week will have me feeling better.  And new thyroid meds....  I'm ready to feel normal, sooner rather than later.

Monday: Cathe's Gym Style: Back, Shoulders, & Biceps + walk + YWA


I was tired this morning - but this is quickly becoming the norm.  When did I last wake up feeling refreshed?!  This Gym Style workout is tough.  I went up, just a bit, on some of the weights, which felt like a huge accomplishment given the number of reps involved.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get steps and activity points on my FitBit.  At the end of the day, I decided upon this YWA - for dancers.  It was different and provided a lovely stretch.

Tuesday: Cathe's Gym Style: Legs 

This morning, I was so tired - and so dreaded this workout.  I took it one exercise at a time and made it through.  But this one is tough.  The slow pulsing static lunges....OMG.  I can barely get through those, they're so painful.  And I still can't do all 32 reps of the leg presses....  I use a step-stool and stepping up on to the highest step is not easy, 32 times over.  I didn't feel like walking at lunch today and then I had to work late, which meant no yoga.  Bummer!

Wednesday: Dozois' PeakFit Anytime Anywhere No Excuse Workout + YWA


When I was putting together this 12 week rotation, for some reason, I decided to do a few AAs in there.  I have no idea why.  I hate this stupidly effective workout.  Even Michelle can't make me like it.  At least her hubby designed it so I can't blame her.  Ha!  I got through it a lot better than the last time I attempted it but it was not at all easy.  After a very stressful day (and week) of work, I tuned into this relaxing YWA.  It helped....until I remembered it was only Wednesday.

Thursday: Cathe's Blast, Barre, and Bands Live + walk

Another cardio + weights metabolic workout!  This was a fun one.  It alternated a cardio blast, a barre - "recovery" - move, and weights.  Cathe says to keep the weights lighter and I did, using 8s.  I loved the barre work in this and would have been happy with more of it!  But I had fun!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  I just didn't want to do more weights after everything this week.  Oy.  I'm tired.

Friday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

My Sunday workout got moved to Friday since I'll be out of town for part of the weekend.  My body was super tired today so I didn't do the peaks in this workout.  Instead, I kept up steady cardio to keep my heart rate up.  It was still a great workout.  I'm enjoying these original CIBs....they're so much fun!  At lunch, I walked outside for a bit - not enough to be a workout but it was definitely good to move around.

Saturday: Cathe's HIIT Pyramid + ICE Blizzard Cardio Blast + Gym Style: Chest and Triceps + 100 walking lunges and hip thrusts 

I did a lot this morning!  First up: HIIT.  Whew!  That lasted a painful 25 minutes.  I followed that up with the non-stop cardio of the Blizzard Blast - so much fun!  I added on my own cardio to get another full 25 minutes in (for 50 total minutes).  Then, 100 walking lunges....and then 100 hip thrusts with a 12-pound weight.  It was then time for what I dreaded most: Gym Style.  I did my 72 push-ups - not quite getting easier - and pushed myself through the rest of this workout.  It was difficult.  Once that ended, I did a 10-minute ab routine off of Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs - very hard.  And then I stretched.  Finally.

Sunday: REST

Calorie Counts:

I was great and super health Monday - Thursday!  I wasn't horrible on Friday but I ate a bit more.  The weekend was killer, though, when we went to my parents' for a birthday celebration.

No comments: