Monday, October 16, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 5

Okay, moving on from Gym Style workouts, it's time for a change: two weeks of Cathe's Low Impact Series.  I'm excited to try something new!  

Cathe designed this 12-week rotation to keep your muscles healthy and happy after STS.  It makes sense, after 4 weeks of hard work, to take it down a notch with some low-impact work.  I'm going to add in a high impact workout or two, juts to keep things interesting!

Monday: Cathe's Low Impact Series (LIS): Cardio Supersets + YWA


Yay, new workouts!  This morning, I tuned into Cardio Supersets for the very first time.  It was good - but a change, for sure.  Some of the moves required hand weights to increase the intensity.  There was also a lot of floor work, which is always a challenge.  I jumped on some of the moves where Cathe uses sliding disks.  But otherwise, this was a great low-impact workout.  After a very long day of work, I managed to squeeze in this short YWA.  It wasn't much but I'll always take whatever YWA I can get!

Tuesday: Cathe's LIS: Total Body Tri-Sets - Upper + walk + YWA

Upper body today, though I was still sore from the weekend's chest and tricep work.  Ouch!  This LIS workout was different, in a good way.  I love new weighted exercises - the same ones get boring.  So this was a good morning, though I would have preferred fewer push-ups. Ha!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some ab work.  Finally, after an especially tiring day at work, I did this YWA.  It was good and really stretched out my legs!

Wednesday: Cathe's LIS: Total Body Tri-Sets - Lower + walk + YWA


Yay, lower body work!  This was a good leg workout and definitely different than the others I've done from Cathe.  And I always like new moves!  One, in particular, I couldn't master.  You stand on one foot, squat, put a weight down, put the other weight down, and then pick them up, all while doing squats on one leg.  I just did single leg squats while holding weights. At lunch, I walked at the rec again, and did ab work, again.  Fun.  This YWA was the perfect length once I got home from work.  A good way to end the day!

Thursday: Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn


I can't adequately say how tired I was this morning.  Working out did not sound doable but Michelle got me going....  Slowly.  I soon learned just how much my bum was worked yesterday because it was screaming!  At least I know it got a good workout!  Ha!  Since the temps are slowly dropping here in Texas, the house is cooler in the mornings.  That really helps me get through this type of challenging cardio!

Friday:  YWA + abs


Ah, a rest day.  I love it when I can do yoga on a rest day.  It's the perfect amount of work!  This YWA is from Adriene's Yoga Revolution, which I did in January.  It was perfect for a morning workout because Adriene really eases you into the whole moving thing.  Ha!  After that 30 minutes, I did 10 minutes of abs.  At lunch, I walked outside for 20 minutes - but nothing taxing.

Saturday: Cathe's Cross Fire Express Live + LIS Turbo Barre (arms + planks)

Wow.  So, this Cross Fire workout was hard.  My legs were still aching from Wednesday so all the jumps were torture.  I made it through, though I modified one or two moves....but my heart was pounding like crazy.  After this 35 minutes, I did the weighted arm work in Turbo Barre along with the push-ups, tricep dips, and planks.  Whew!  Upon watching a preview for Turbo Barre, I thought the arms would be easy.  But, no!  I used 8 lb weights and had to take a few breaks, this hurt so much! 

Sunday: Cathe's LIS Afterburn + Turbo Barre

Yay, low impact!  I was worried about my heart rate staying elevated but I'm learning something....  These workouts, like Afterburn, that alternate a cardio move and a weighted move really keep my heart pounding.  And it was so this morning - even with the low impact moves.  After that 45 minutes of cardio, I did 40 of Turbo Barre - the leg and ab portion.  OMG.  This leg work is crazy intense.  I was in so much pain.  Anyone who thinks barre is easy has obviously never done it - or done it correctly.  Because, ouch!

Calorie Counts:

I ate really well Monday through Thursday.  Then I blew it on the weekend for football.  Oh, well. 


No comments: